people not supportive

Options
brayla1
brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
Had what I thought was a great week...lost 1.2 today. My best friend asked how WW went and told her, I was excited because I had worked hard and journaled. Response - that's all? Wow talk about punching me in the gut. My inner dummie took over and sound yeah, you do suck... Amazing how one of the people you think is in your corner can just devastate you. I know not a huge thing, I felt like crap though. Just needed to vent a bit...

Replies

• Vol7
    Vol7 Posts: 57
    Options
    Don't let it get to you, some people have no ideal in how to be supportive. Just remember this group will support and if you need a good vent we're here to listen.

By the way good job:smile:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    1.2 lbs is a great loss for the week! I think extreme tv shows (biggest loser mainly) give a lot of people a distorted view of reality and what is truly realistic. Keep doin what your doin!!!!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. People don't understand the work and effort that goes into that loss. It can take a momentous effort to lose just part of a pound in a week. I do think that we have been sensationalized to the idea that people can drop twenty pounds in a week, after week, after week as sometimes happens on the Biggest Loser or Extreme Weight Loss. I think the loss was a terrific number and believe you worked hard to have such a good number.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    ohh my friend.. i have a great video for you to see.. than nothing anyone can say when you release ONLY a pound can deflate you..

http://1maddiet.com/what-does-1-pound-of-fat-look-like/

not sharing or promoting a one meal a day diet.. just what one pound of fat is like off your body. so be proud of every bit of weight you release. it changes your life

things like this is why i created this group.. not everyone gets its a lifestyle change its not a quick fix.. quick fads sure you release weight and gain it back a lifestyle you can take it off and maintain it.

congrats your amazing.. you all are.. keep going!
  • zoetewijn
    zoetewijn Posts: 121
    Options
    Way to go. I know some times people u want to support u don't hurts but we are all proud. I always said I will take a pound any day.. One leads to two and so that's how I look at it..

Keep up the good work and you can vent here anytime..
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ohh my friend.. i have a great video for you to see.. than nothing anyone can say when you release ONLY a pound can deflate you..

http://1maddiet.com/what-does-1-pound-of-fat-look-like/

just what one pound of fat is like off your body. so be proud of every bit of weight you release. it changes your life

OMG! I just watched the video... that's crazy! :noway:
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate all the words of wisdom and support....the video definitely reinforced my excitement at RELEASING that 1.2 pounds...love this group!! Thanks for listening to me...
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That 1.2lbs will add up over time
    eventually it will be your full goal
    and then people will be saying
    "OH wow you did it you did so great how did you do it ?"

The Biggest Loser ruins realistic weight loss for people turning it into a reality show sensationalized full of
    cooks and private trainers and competition and notice how they do when they get back to their real lives
    they have to learn how to live and some of them gain back because they fall back into poor habits

SO you did it good job!