I have trouble eating sweets

Options
Anyone do well eating according to your calorie count and then blow it after dinner. Eating sweets, especially.
I feel like taking a sleeping pill right after dinner so I go to sleep at 7 PM.

Anyone have any strategies?

Replies

• keta4465
    Options
    Sweets are my worst enemy as well. Especially after dinner. Recently I have been drinking plenty of water after dinner to fill me up so that I'm not hungry at all. As far as the sleeping pill strategy, it was very short lived for me (Zquil). But definitely try the water.
  • Shankel27
    Shankel27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I also have a big problem with sweets, in the morning, lunch, after dinner, whenever. The first thing I did was cut out sweets before changing the rest of my diet. Now I am gradually making other changes but to cut everything at the same time would spell disaster for me.
  • sukid88
    sukid88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a problem eating sweets and then also eating over at dinner time. Now, whenever I want a sweet I have 1 chocolate graham cracker with a glass of lipton cold brew ice tea, it really hits the spot for me. Plus, one chocolate graham cracker is only 65 calories and I think that it tastes delicious.

I always have plain popcorn ready as well just in case I feel like snacking, popcorn is very low in calories and not that bad for you.
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    me too... the same problem... depending on the time of the day and fridge supplies:

1) brush my teeth and use some mouthwash(!!)
    2) eat chewing gum
    3) 0 fat yogurt with some sweetener and fat free cocoa powder ( this one is my favourite)
    4) coffee flavour mousse ( mix instant coffee with sweetener, 0 fat yogurt or quark, add gelatine and mix with stiff beaten egg whites. Might need an hour to stay in a fridge before serving. A brilliant dessert with very little calories and plenty of protein!!)

As I am on a Dukan diet now, I don´t use honey, but before I used to have a spoonful of honey. Yummy yummy!!
  • Jessica3166
    Options
    I make a protein shake in the morning for breakfast and sometime save a little bit for after dinner to curb my sweet craving. I use frozen fruit and skim milk so its super cold almost like a smoothie or milkshake. It helps me alot!
  • vaidajurgaityte
    vaidajurgaityte Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also have a big problem with sweets, in the morning, lunch, after dinner, whenever. The first thing I did was cut out sweets before changing the rest of my diet. Now I am gradually making other changes but to cut everything at the same time would spell disaster for me.

Hey you know, i think its the only way to fight with this problem. I have a sweet tooth, and if I want sth sweet and get tempted to eat 1 biscuit, in most cases after that I loose control. So my way of dealing with it was take out those sweet things that I usually have no willpower for. Now i have my own ways, which is healthy low calorie desserts in a replacement for the sweets i was used to