My First Marathon-Reflections

2»

Replies

• runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Congrats! That was really calming to read as I'm staring down my first full!!
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Way to go! I was there too! I did the half so you are my hero for conquering the full :) Congrats!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Just over 4 hours is an awesome time for your first marathon (and much faster than in any of my three attempts). Great job! How's the recovery going?
  • Congratulations! Sounds like you took on board all the great advice you got & had the race of your life! What a brilliant time to get at your first marathon & what an inspiration you are. Feeling so happy for you! Now look after yourself as you recover ;)
  • I'm over the moon for you, girl! You're amazing.
  • You sure as hell did run the perfect one. Isn't picking people off at the end fun? You're like a running sniper!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Awesome, awesome, awesome! You came, you saw, you kicked some serious Texas booty! Excellent race plan, executed to a tee. Wow!

Of course you realize next time you have to go faster ;)
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    What an amazing effort! The first one is always a doozy for many of us. Once you start passing people late in a marathon and building momentum and confidence, it's difficult to stop-adrenaline & endorphins take over at that point. Those end up being your PR races. There's something about running marathons in Texas that results in PRs! Proud of you! You are a marathoner and no one can take that away from you! glasses:
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Glad to hear that everything went so smoothly for you :)
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Very impressive!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Great job! Way to stay disciplined and execute your race plan!
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Awesome!!!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Superb racing strategy, and great pace. So happy you did so well! Now, rest that awesome bod, and prepare for your next race! :)
  • Marlene_33
    Marlene_33 Posts: 211 Member
    Amazing run! Thanks for sharing! You have definitely encouraged me as I train for my first full. :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Fantastic! It just goes to show that, when you have a training plan that you follow and a race plan that you execute, you will finish strong and have the desire to do another. I'm damn proud of you.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    That is fantastic!!!! Looks like you had the stars in perfect alignment. Great job!!! :drinker:
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    I am so touched by all the responses. You guys are seriously the best.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

A big congratulations on a top notch job preparing for your race and putting it all into practice come race day.

I am encouraged by your post as I am into week 3 of my marathon training plan and may be turning to you for more advice as I draw closer to my race date.

Congrats again!