I'm SOO PROUD!!

Options
starchile
starchile Posts: 248 Member
Hey all!!!

So, there is an Infamous (notorious??) Mountain near my house that all of the super FIT people go to hike every weekend. I mean literally HUNDREDS of people visit the peak every day. I had heard about it and it always struck a chord of FEAR through my body. One day I was driving along the main road through my city and I looked up at the peak. IT LOOKED IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!! I'm like "People WALK to that place????" LOL

1517680_10151956471403462_1159895426_n.jpg

BUT the damned thing CALLED TO ME I TELL YA!!!! SOOoooooo, I decided that with the new year I would CHALLENGE myself to take on the hardest thing I could find and to BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!! This would be the STARTING POINT of my NEW YEAR!!! If I could SURVIVE THIS CHALLENGE then I knew that 1. I could take on anything that came out me for the rest of the year and 2. I knew I was capable of GREAT things! So, I gathered up some brave friends and GOT OUT THERE!!!

IT....WASSSSSS....FRICKIN......GRUELING I TELL YOU!!!!!!! THREE DARNED NEAR VERTICAL MILES!!!!!!!

1524876_10151955985273462_1226865532_n.jpg

IT WAS SOOO ROCKY!!! I thought about how easy it would be just to turn around and go back. I mean we had come REALLY far already...there was a TON to be proud of!!! HELL, I'm 335 pounds!!!! Do you know what a HUGE VICTORY that is???? A 44 year old woman, over 300lbs making it THAT FAR up that mountain!!!????? SURELY I had earned the right to turn back??? SURELY people would think I was a ROCKSTAR???!!! I mean look at all these other thin people huffing and puffing and barely making it!!!

But I kept going. Sometimes taking only about 15 steps and then resting...15 steps and then resting...8 steps and then resting. We each supported each other and motivated each other to continue on.

600_321134092.jpeg
THAT'S ME ON THE RIGHT IN THE WHITE TSHIRT AND BLACK SWEATS WITH MY HANDS ON MY HIPS TRYING MY HARDEST NOT TO DIE!!!!

And you know what??

1554349_10151955985613462_665719140_n.jpg

FOUR HOURS LATER WE REACHED THE TOP!!!!

600_321260162.jpeg

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD OF MYSELF IN MY LIFE!!!!

1601329_10151955985998462_1743157582_n.jpg

KEEP PUSHING PEOPLE!!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO UNTIL YOU GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!!!

Replies

• lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That is freaking awesome!! :) congrats and you're so right we are capable of so much more than we think! :) thank you for being an inspiration!
  • starchile
    Options
    That is freaking awesome!! :) congrats and you're so right we are capable of so much more than we think! :) thank you for being an inspiration!

Thank you so much Lindsey! And yes, ABSOLUTELY! Much more!
  • jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Ladybiggurl
    Options
    I'm late to the party...but YOU ROCK!!!
  • chatondoux
    Options
    Holy cow over 4 hours walking up a hill, girl you are awesome! I get pooped walking up a hill in the parking lot to the grocery store LOL. That reminds me of a hill in the smokies where we went this year, it wasn't NEARLY as far as your's but it was steep as hell and there were tons of fit people giving up halfway and going back down. I couldn't make it either I stood on the side partway up waiting for my sister to come back down. I was sort of mad at myself for not being able to do more. But I'll get there one day :) Thank you for the inspiration!
  • jenEphur
    jenEphur Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB!!! Congrats!
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are amazing that's awesome
  • xjoseyx
    xjoseyx Posts: 74
    Options
    you are amazing!!! love your shirt, im in new jersey :)
  • starchile
    Options
    Cool!! I was in New Jersey for a conference! lol.

Thanks all!
  • lumyrainstar
    Options
    that's amazing! Congrats :)
  • starchile
    Options
    Thank you!!!!
  • mrsbloveleigh
    mrsbloveleigh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome and so very inspirational! It reminds me of how I used to feel when I walked in 5ks. It's been a long time since did anything like that and your pictures REALLY make me want to get back to it. Thank you for sharing!
  • StarL3sS
    StarL3sS Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOOO Inspirational!!! Thank you I needed to read this today! :-)
  • Afields6780
    Afields6780 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That's Fricken AMAZING! It just goes to show you no matter how tall the climb we all have it in us to succeed. Thank you for your inspiration! -Amanda
  • Kar3n84
    Kar3n84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That looks like Mission Peak, is it? I have friends that do that all the time. That's awesome you were able to do it. That is a really hard trek up there. I think I'd die a quarter of the way up that thing lol.
  • starchile
    Options
    That looks like Mission Peak, is it? I have friends that do that all the time. That's awesome you were able to do it. That is a really hard trek up there. I think I'd die a quarter of the way up that thing lol.

YES! IT IS!!! Yeah, I have friends that hike it all the time as well...what is up with that??? ONCE through that TORTURE is ENOUGH! LOL.

LOL...and yeah, I ALMOST DIED!!! But, seriously, I know people say this all the time but if *I* can do it, ANYONE can do it!!! LOL. It took forever but it IS possible!