Eating enough

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
I am supposed to be eating according to my TDEE about 2600. I can't seem to do that. Most days I am around 1800. Is that harmful? What can I do?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Do you do low, reduced, or non-fat of any items?
    Don't.

Almonds add up quick and have good fats.

PB is fast and may just take good to you, weigh it though as measuring is very deflated calorie amount usually.
  • kamaperry
    Options
    Do you do low, reduced, or non-fat of any items?
    Don't.

Almonds add up quick and have good fats.

PB is fast and may just take good to you, weigh it though as measuring is very deflated calorie amount usually.

No, I have been steadily getting rid of that stuff. I will have to get some almonds. I do like Peanut butter, but find I have to be in the mood for it. I wonder if it is because I don't eat much red meat? Thanks for the advice :)
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You could try other nut butters too and see if you like them more than peanut butter- almond butter is delicious, and sunbutter is also pretty good. Avocados are a great calorie dense food too :)
  • kamaperry
    Options
    You could try other nut butters too and see if you like them more than peanut butter- almond butter is delicious, and sunbutter is also pretty good. Avocados are a great calorie dense food too :)
    Yes! Forgot about that!!! Thanks!
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Doubt it's because of a lack of red meat - I'm vegetarian and during reset was eating around 2400. Try adding coconut oil to things (mixed with yoghurt is delicious), nuts/seeds, nut butters, avocado, etc. You may end up eating more than 30% fats while you get used to eating that many calories but over time you should be able to find other, high calorie foods to bump up your intake :)
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I am supposed to be eating according to my TDEE about 2600. I can't seem to do that. Most days I am around 1800. Is that harmful? What can I do?
    No it's not harmful, but you should continue to try to increase. Some foods I eat to up cals are tuna fish in oil, Greek yogurt and add almonds, choose all real foods no low cal any thing, whole wheat pastas, brown rice, cheese and whole wheat crackers. I also have added a bowl of soup and a salad w/ dressing to both my lunch and my dinner! I also never skip dessert. Yes 4 course meals!
    It's hard at first, but it will get easier, get creative, try new recipes if you cook.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I do all the things the other posters mentioned and I also make snacks that are dense in calories, but not necessarily "unhealthy". For instance, making banana bread, but using Stevia, coconut or olive oil, whole wheat flour, and adding a scoop or two of protein powder instead of the typical ingredients.
    It takes getting used to, but eventually you will wonder how you can eat any less!
  • kamaperry
    Options
    Thanks all. for the suggestions. I am slowly getting better at it.
  • kamaperry
    Options
    Also, I hope I get used to eating this much, I feel so full!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You will get used to eating. Then one day you will look back and not fathom how you could ever have been satisfied at 1800 calories.

Don't ever beat yourself up. Just take it one day at a time, incorporating many of the suggestions above. Remember this is a life style, so it doesn't have to happen overnight.
  • kamaperry
    Options
    You will get used to eating. Then one day you will look back and not fathom how you could ever have been satisfied at 1800 calories.

Don't ever beat yourself up. Just take it one day at a time, incorporating many of the suggestions above. Remember this is a life style, so it doesn't have to happen overnight.

I have tried all your suggestions and I am regularly over 2000. still not quite up to 2600, but much better, I am back to using whole milk and cheese, peanut butter. So nice to have the freedom to be able to eat. I can't imagine that I used to live on 1400-1500 a day. Craziness. Thanks for the support!
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    So glad you are doing well! Fueling the body properly is a great feeling!!
  • kamaperry
    Options
    So glad you are doing well! Fueling the body properly is a great feeling!!

Yes it is!!!!