Replies

• JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    SW: 184.4

11w: 188.4
    14w3d: 188.6 (+4.2)
    17w1d: 191.5 (+7.1)
    18w4d: 193.2 (+8.8)

As I creep closer and closer to the 200 mark, I'm not going to lie, it scares me. While I understand this is all part of the process of growing a healthy baby, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with some days. I feel good about having gained only 9 lbs so far, and I hope I can manage to keep this under control and keep the weight gain to a healthy amount. My doctor said at one time she was okay with me gaining 30 lbs - I don't know how I feel about that!

My highest weight ever, pre-pregnancy was 193lbs - so I'm feeling some guilt that I wasn't able to lose more weight before I got pregnant. I did however drop from 193 - 173 over the slow course of 2 years, but then proceeded to gain 10 back prior to learning I was pregnant.

*sigh* for being just 5'3" this has been hard for me.

***Insert bear hug here***

I'm already 4 pounds over my heaviest weight. It feels so awful, but I know that it's all going to baby so it's really not me that makes the scale read so high. You wouldn't hold a baby, weigh yourself, and expect it to be a true reflection of you. Would it help to try to think of it as being two people stepping on the scale maybe?
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    I am 77.3 kg (170.4 pounds) currently 17 weeks 5 days.

I have found a couple of sites that estimate healthy projected weight gain (based on your height and weight before conception).

I found one site which was quite good as it listed minimum, average and maximum weight gain every two weeks. According to the table I should be between 75.93 and 77.21kg with the the average being 76.57 kg. So whoops a little over.... I think everything should be taken with a grain of salt though. Still however its good to have some kind of a reference.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Prepregnancy: 157
    First 14 weeks: down to 151
    16 weeks: 156
    17+1: 157

So I am back to my prepregnancy weight. I'm still at "0" lbs gained. I really want to gain LESS than 25 if I can help it.
    I'm only 5' 3" and I was a little overweight according to my height before I started. So from here on out, I'm trying to be mindful and trying not to gain too much at at time. So far, luckily no stretch marks. My mom got them, so i'm pretty sure i'm going to get them at some point.
  • Nike13
    Nike13 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Net gain: 0lbs

I was up 5lbs last month and now I'm back to prepregnancy weight. Guess I went a little overboard? I mean some of it has to be I'm not constipated anymore (sorry, gross I know) but my doc asked a few times if I was eating. I had two breakfasts this morning so yeah, definitely eating. I guess now I just up the portion sizes?
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    SW: 162.3
    8W: 166.1
    11W: 167.1 (+1)
    14W: 169.2 (+2)
    17W: 175.2 (+6)
    20W: 179.2 (+4)

So far I've gained 17 pounds. So far so good!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I"m at 20 weeks and up 5lbs. Dr. is not worried as I'm sure I'll be going up now that baby's job is to gain weight.

Still in a few of my PMS jeans but they are getting slightly uncomfortable. I have a few prego jeans but somehow holding off on wearing them, not sure why but the idea of not wearing a belt for the next 5+ months scares me

Amyj - You are doing great and your almost half way there with a small weight gain. I know it's such a mind game with accepting the number on the scale.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I'm right about where you're at. 20w, +16 pounds:)
  • amyjpage
    amyjpage Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    SW: 184.4

11w: 188.4
    14w3d: 188.6 (+4.2)
    17w1d: 191.5 (+7.1)
    18w4d: 193.2 (+8.8)
    20w0: 194.4 (+10)

Half way there!! I have managed to sneak in at exactly +10lbs! These past 10 days or so have been much better and I am not as tired anymore and am doing much better at getting more regular exercise.

I will be very pleased with myself if I can get to the end at this same pace of averaging 0.5b per week!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Prepregnancy - 157
    Continued to lose until week 14: Down to 151
    Week 16: 156.8
    Week 17: 157.0
    Week 18: 160.2 (+ 3.2)

YIKES! My first gain is 3.2 lbs!!! That does not make me happy. I was hoping that my gains would only be a lb a week but each time I got on the scale this weekend it was MORE! Now, I only log my weight once a week, but sometimes i'll jump on in the morning out of curiosity. Being completely honest, seeing myself gain weight is REALLY hard (as I know it is for most of us). I am hoping I will be able to accept it and not be too hard on myself.
  • amyjpage
    Options
    bburg - I generally weigh myself every few days, and "count" the weight once it's stabilized and remained the same for a few days. A day with more salt or less water, or no bowel movement can make a huge difference, and it evens itself out again quickly.

Try not to get too discouraged, (I know, easier said than done) but you may find tomorrow or the next day you drop back down a pound or two.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Thanks Amy! You are right. I've been hit with the constipation again because I had to take a zofran the other night. It always backs me up! Then i'm trying to avoid sugars, so i've been eating more things with salt. I've been struggling with water ever since i've been pregnant. Drinking too much too fast still makes me feel sick. I've already drank 2 cups today and that for me is like a record. I've been at work for 2.5 hours. Before I was pregnant, i'd drink way more water by now. I hope eventually I start getting more thirsty!

I just remembered, also, that I had a Country ham at waffle house on Saturday morning! Good lord! that thing was PACKED with sodium!
  • IndianMuslim
    Options
    So I was in the ER on Thursday night with flu-like symptoms...luckily it wasn't the flu, but I did have strep throat. They treated me with shots of penicillin. The next day I was three pounds lighter. I know it's going to come back quickly, but I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts....hehe.

I know what everyone here is going through. The first time I got pregnant I was 120 lbs and a size 0. I gained 60 lbs and have never been able to lose it all. My second pregnancy, I started at 140 lbs, gained 45, but also didn't lose it completely before getting pregnant 4 years later. This is by far the heaviest I have ever been pre-pregnancy. I started at 164 lbs and at 20 weeks, I'm 173 lbs, up 9 lbs.

I feel so unattractive and blegh. Had to go buy some granny panties the other day and it was the worst feeling ever :(

My husband says if I can get down to 130 lbs and 19% body fat, he will take me on a trip anywhere in the world. I'm very motivated now, but I'm scared I'm going to be unsuccessful just like in the past. I'm getting older now, so it takes much more effort for my body to lose weight.

I read somewhere that Beyoncé was 195 when she went in to deliver her baby. She worked hard and was able to drop the 60 lbs in a matter of months. I wish I had Beyoncé's personal chef, trainer, and nanny so I can accomplish the same feat...
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    This is my fear.. that I won't be able to lose it! That's why i'm really trying hard not to gain more than 25 lbs. I'm terrified that if I gain 50+ lbs, that i'd never be able to lose it. All of the women in my family who've had kids, never really bounced back from it and always stayed on the larger side. I really hope I will be able to lose the weight. I am a runner and hope that getting back into running after baby will help and I will keep going to the gym as well and using the equipment.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options

I'm right about where you're at. 20w, +16 pounds:)

Yay! :)

If I gain the same amount (give or take) in the last 20w as in the first then I'm still under the 35 mark - which is something I can handle and will be proud of. :) Honestly though, I'm eating when I'm hungry and trying not to when I'm not and it seems to be working out so far! Are you aiming for that goal or are you sort of doing the eating when you're hungry thing too? :)
  • SonaliShukla
    SonaliShukla Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    sw-81.5kgs(179.3)

Till 12 weeks:- 81.5kgs(179.3)
    Till 14 weeks- 82.5kgs(181.5)
    17+4- 83.2kgs(183)

Close to 4 pounds up in 17+ weeks.Hopefully i stay within 15-20pounds increase!!
  • amyjpage
    Options
    Sonali - you're doing great!
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    Weight at 19 weeks = 76.7kg (169.1pounds).

Happy as average weight gain is 77.1 (170) so on track for a finishing weight of 83kg.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Prepregnancy - 157
    Continued to lose until week 14: Down to 151
    Week 16: 156.8
    Week 17: 157.0
    Week 18: 160.2 (+ 3.2)
    Week 19: 159.8 (-0.4 from last week)

Total gain at 19 weeks: 2.8 lbs.

I am pretty happy with this. I am trying so hard to not gain more than 25 lbs! My step sister gained about 90lbs so as bad as it sounds, i'm trying to do better. It took her nearly 3.5 years to lose that 90 lbs!
  • crossfitkiwi
    Options
    Just thought I would check in at 22 weeks with a fun graph.

I use a Fitbit Aria scale a few times a week to track my weight. But I also have it linked up to a site called Trend Weight which normalizes the daily fluctuations from water etc.

Here is a graph from the last 6 months (I got pregnant late September). The grey line shows the weight my scales captured. The red line is the overall trend which shows a much nicer gradual gain of about 9.5 pounds so far.

Moral of the story.. try not to freak out over daily fluctuations!

6m.png
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    That's a pretty cool way to look at it!