Needing some help please.

Options
djgreen1968
djgreen1968 Posts: 35 Member
Could someone take a look at my diary and tell me if I have been eating the right amounts on Keto please? I have gotten confused setting up my percentages for some reason. Thanks guys. :smile:

Replies

• mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ is a good calculator to help you figure out your macros. I track fiber too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq is a also a great resource
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ is a good calculator to help you figure out your macros. I track fiber too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq is a also a great resource

^^^ this. Use the keto calculator. Since we don't know your height, activity level, etc, we cannot tell you what your macros are. Use the keto calculator as shown as the first link above.
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    1308 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    20 g Carbohydrates (6%, 80 kcal)
    75 g Protein (23%, 300 kcal)
    103 g Fat (71%, 928 kcal)
    These are the numbers I am getting from the calculator. I am 5'6" 195 pounds, female. Just wanting to make sure I am getting to where I need to be with my food intake. Thank you guys for all of your help. :wink:
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Your calories still seem a little low. Don't be afraid to use a smaller deficit. Keto is restrictive enough as it is without having to drop your calories really low.
  • DintheT
    Options
    I agree that your calories seem low. I'm 5'4, 165lbs, female, and at a pretty aggressive deficit I'm at 1320 kcal.

You might have underestimated your body fat %? Or I overestimate mine, but I'm seeing great losses (when I don't cheat and knock myself out of ketosis).

Are you having trouble getting into ketosis? Are you brand new and these numbers aren't keeping you satiated? Or has your weight loss stalled?
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    Actually I have stalled and I'm satiated again. I have no idea if I am in ketosis anymore? I'm staying under on my carbs, and I'm not cheating? I think I got my ratios figured out, and I raised my calories I hope this is correct?
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    1500 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    20 g Carbohydrates (5%, 80 kcal)
    71 g Protein (19%, 284 kcal)
    126 g Fat (76%, 1136 kcal)
    Does this look better? Can anyone tell me how to adjust this on my food diary so it reflects where I should be during the day?
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how to adjust this on my food diary so it reflects where I should be during the day?

Top left, "MY HOME".
    Over to the right one, "Goals"
    Bottom, green button labeled "Change Goals"
    Click second box, "Custom"

Voila! :D
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    Thank you, I did end up finding it. I just wasn't using the custom tab. lol I think I have it figured out now. Thanks to everyone for your help. :happy:
  • Deuxtrouble43
    Deuxtrouble43 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    1500 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    20 g Carbohydrates (5%, 80 kcal)
    71 g Protein (19%, 284 kcal)
    126 g Fat (76%, 1136 kcal)
    Does this look better? Can anyone tell me how to adjust this on my food diary so it reflects where I should be during the day?

This is great!!
  • Mele1973
    Options
    I'm coming in late here as it seems you got your answers, but since I'm here...I looked at your diary for one day only and it seems the macros are not set to what you quoted here last...in particular, the protein to fat ratio looks really high on the goals that I can see, but what you quoted above sounds good!! From what I can see on your goals, protein is at 113 and fat is at 108, but these are not the percentages you mentioned after your calculations. Just FYI.

I think you're gonna' kill it here!
  • djgreen1968
    Options
    Thank you. I think I finally figured out where I needed my stuff set. LOL I jumped into this diet with very little understanding of how it worked. Not smart, but I stepped on the scale on December 30th, and it was straight up 200 pounds! I decided right then to do something about it. I am determined to lose weight, and this diet is how I want to do it. Everyone on here has been very helpful and encouraging, and that is invaluable. :wink: