Best thing about being a mom on a weight loss mission

Options
So I thought I would bring an uplifting topic to the group!

1. Your Kids think your beautiful whether you are 200lbs or 100 lbs
2. Your a mom and when you aren't working youre most likely in yoga pants anyways so you might as well put them to good use
3. Kids are great Guinea pigs for healthy recipes you want to try
4. If you dont have any free weights kids are a great substitute
5 The daycares at gyms are great because your kid gets to release some energy and you get to work out! (okay so I am a little bias on this one because I work for Golds in the kids club and well we are awesome)

Ladies I want to hear your great things about being a mom on a weight loss mission!
Funny,serious, whatever!!!

:heart: Kaitlyn
Mommy of 2 ,2 and under!

Replies

• 2boys111
    2boys111 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Cute topic!

how about
    1) it's easy to drink lots of water because there is always a bathroom near by (especially if you are potty training a toddler--you know every bathroom in a 5 mile radius!!)
    2) sit ups are way harder when someone is sitting on your tummy while you do it!
    3) really playing with the kids (tag, throwing balls, hide and seek) gets your heart rate up and its fun! try running around having a light saber fight from star wars--it gets your heart pumping!
  • Cateart
    Cateart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know this is completely true for me:
    You don't have to worry about over eating because your kids steal food off of your plate!:sad:
    Getting cardio in without even thinking as I run up and down the stairs to retrieve: toys, food, iPhone,etc. that my kids drag around on our 3 levels.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    - Toddlers (at least mine) love burpees! They think they are fun and easy. I spend a lot of time doing burpees with my 3 year old.
    - Nothing is better when your kid calls you skinny (even if you don't believe it) all day. After my run yesterday hubby said good job Skinny and then next thing you know my 3 year old was "Hey Skinny" all day long
    - kids like to play in the snow and any activity done in the snow burns more calories.
    - I tend to make healthier snack choices when my kids are around since I don't want them to eat crappy food.
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My kids are older, not toddlers, but they are very fit and I need to be fit again too.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I love being active with my toddler! She makes me active, even if I don't want to be! Now that she's 2 1/2, she works out with me! It's adorable! Can't wait for warmer weather so we can play outside again!