90-Day Fit. & Nutr. Challenge Day #16:Tuesday's Tips

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
It’s DAY 16 of our challenge and I want to know … who’s ready for some cardio or weight training today? How are your feeling after your workouts? Are you sore? Are you stretching? Don’t forget the importance of stretching. Your accountability post goes here! Have a great day!

boostmetabolism_zps94e934b4.jpg

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my lunch plan was derailed today. :noway: I had logged in all my foods, packed them, for today and most for the next two days. Then I find out this morning we are having our work meeting over lunch at a Thai restaurant. So I looked online for healthy Thai meals and was prepared to order one of those. Well, my boss was paying and we could only order from the lunch menu. I ended up eating some of the rice with my chicken with ginger. Ugh!! I hate when that happens. Thank God it doesnt happen often.

S: Breakfast
    N: I am going to rate it 3-4 for the reason above
    W: Three workout challenges I am part of. And for the reason listed above I went up 13 flights of stairs to my office after lunch. :laugh: I work on the 13th floor. :noway: I love the burn!!!

Stretching is an important part in all my workouts. I am also doing some foam rolling when time permits.

Have a wonderful day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oops I posted my Tuesday with Monday , that's ok I will repost it here later. I find that if I cool down for 5 minutes on treadmill after my work out, I am not as stiff later that night and next morning. Also I started using the power plate before leaving the gym. It is a excellent massager. Although these things help, I am still stiff and have tight hamstrings. I will keep working for better :smile:

It is a journey!
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    W: 30 min run & Les Mills Flow (awesome for stretching and flexibility)
    S: PM snack
    N: 5

I love Flow! I do it 3x a week and my muscles are getting leaner and it actually helped me get rid of my acid reflux!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oops I posted my Tuesday with Monday , that's ok I will repost it here later. I find that if I cool down for 5 minutes on treadmill after my work out, I am not as stiff later that night and next morning. Also I started using the power plate before leaving the gym. It is a excellent massager. Although these things help, I am still stiff and have tight hamstrings. I will keep working for better :smile:

It is a journey!

Update
    W treadmill,weight training, squats
    N 1 bad tummy ache and headache
    S breakfast.
    :frown: :sick:
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    W: arc trainer, stair machine, legs (squats, lunges, dead lifts, leg press, etc)
    N: 3 - I didn't sleep last night so today has been a fog.
    S: breakfast as always

Now (hopefully) off to sleep!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

It is a journey!

Update
    W treadmill,weight training, squats
    N 1 bad tummy ache and headache
    S breakfast.
    :frown: :sick:

24Sept, I hope you feel better :flowerforyou:

Chelsea, I had the same problem the other night. :noway: But then again there was a change in my schedule. I cant tolerate late nights anymore. :laugh:

Have an awesome day!! It is cold here in TX but not as bad as in the north and northeast. Stay warm!!! :flowerforyou:
  • reiverse
    reiverse Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The more I've been working out, the more I feel the need to stretch. I realized with cardio that my hips get sore, since they're going from sitting all day to making long strides and movements. I got back on the racquetball court Thursday and found my ankles were sore later in the day - it's funny the muscles we use sometimes. I did some yoga stretching before bed and hope to incorporate that more regularly to help minimize any soreness.
  • amccord2
    Options
    Hope you get more sleep in the near future.:smile:
    W: arc trainer, stair machine, legs (squats, lunges, dead lifts, leg press, etc)
    N: 3 - I didn't sleep last night so today has been a fog.
    S: breakfast as always

Now (hopefully) off to sleep!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Yes, these muscles are a funny thing. Good for you to get back on the racquetball court.:drinker:
    The more I've been working out, the more I feel the need to stretch. I realized with cardio that my hips get sore, since they're going from sitting all day to making long strides and movements. I got back on the racquetball court Thursday and found my ankles were sore later in the day - it's funny the muscles we use sometimes. I did some yoga stretching before bed and hope to incorporate that more regularly to help minimize any soreness.