Whats for dinner tonight?

Options
LunaGreen
LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
I have some ground turkey in the refrigerator that I would like to use tonight, I was going to use it to make meatballs and spaghetti sauce but somehow I'm down to only one tomato (pretty rare in our house.) I'm pretty stocked up on other veggies though. I don't use ground meat often so if anyone has a recipe or dinner idea that they LOVE, please let me know

Replies

• Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sautee onions and garlic, brown the meat then toss in chopped tomato and any other veggies you like. Add a few scrambled eggs and any spices you like as well as salt and pepper. It doesn't look pretty, but it generally tastes awesome. We call it "slop" and my kids LOVE it.
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker ribs and brussels sprouts
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    4 cup greek salad, smoked salmon and steamed broccoli with coconut oil
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    "creamy" tomato chicken soup with half a steamed sweet potato.

Dessert: apple, 1 tbsp almond butter, and tbsp toasted coconut flakes
  • LunaGreen
    LunaGreen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker ribs and brussels sprouts

OMG sounds sooooo good! Also, Go Twins! haha
  • primalkiwi
    primalkiwi Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    my 'dinner' tonight is totally off the charts and likely to consist of champagne, canapes and other haphazard nibbly bits! Totally breaking the rules as we have a cocktail party to celebrate my mothers 70th birthday. If I had ground turkey though I'd be making something along the lines of a thai chicken larb which is pretty easy to adapt to paleo. Something like this: http://www.freshbitesdaily.com/thai-chicken-salad/
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Butternut squash "noodles" topped with sauteed power greens, ground bison and an egg fresh from the farm. Can't wait!!!
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We are having green thai curry chicken burgers from Well Fed 2. We eat a lot of ground meat because I have three insatiable boys and that is the cheapest responsibly pastured meat I can get!

Anyway, maybe peruse paleomg, she has tons of great recipes. Turkey and chicken are pretty interchangeable IMO. We love the buffalo chicken meatloaf, basil meatloaf, turkey sliders, curry meatballs, meat crust quiche...I am sure there are others. Our favorite is breakfast lasagna which we, of course, eat for dinner! I make my own sausage from any of the ground meats and it works great.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Tonite I had leek and goat cheese omelet fried in clarified butter. With a side of diced avocado and artichokes marinated in extra virgin olive oil. I know, goat cheese isn't paleo, please forgive me for eating dairy. :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • madammariposa
    madammariposa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have ground turkey tonight too! I generally make a "Mexican Mash" - add onion and 1 tomato in the frying pan, some salsa (organic low sodium) and add cheese (I'm primal). I serve over cauliflower or on occasion real rice. kinda like a burrito without the wrapper.