90-Day Fit.&Nutr. Challenge: Day #15 Post Motivation Monday

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
AND THE PHOTO CONTEST WINNER IS....Chelsea!!!! Chelsea has won a Starbucks gift card! Thank you to all who participated in the photo contest (pictures and/or comments). It was so much fun!!! Look for other contests during the challenge!

m9bsky.jpg

Happy Monday Challengers!!!! Your accountability post goes here:

W: (What workout did you do?)
N: (Rate your nutrition from 1 to 5)
S: (What meal did you have your healthy Shake/Smoothie for?)

2nqz6dt.jpg

Replies

• ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thank you : )

workout: going to the gym at 7, plan to do 20 mins on the stairmaster, leg press, and some more legs on other machines.

smoothie: for breakfast with 2 cups spinach.

nutrition: 3 - slept in and didn't chop veggies for snacks today.
  • hippie_spirit
    hippie_spirit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i didn't know that a protein shake or smoothy was a requirement for this challenge.

i would rate my nutrition a 5. i have stayed under my calories and hit my macros all week.
    i haven't had any junk food. it paid off on the scale.

my knees have been really bad. i have done a little strength training every day but not much
    else. i put a routine together from nerd fitness. so just weights for now.
    until i take enough weight off, my knees can't handle cardio. i will have to continue to
    focus on nutrition.

great job everybody!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS CHELSEA!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

doublebutt spider, :laugh: (when I write it I feel I am insulting you :noway: ) Great job!!!!! do you have arthritis? I have arthritis in all my joints, my knees make awful noises (grinding noises). Luckily they haven't heard in a while. Do you take chondroitin/glucosamine? I do take it and I feel it helps me. My doctor told me that he highly recommends osteo biflex over other brands and to take it consistently. But if you don't feel it is helping after about 3 mos to stop taking it because it doesn't help everyone. My problem before was that I would change brands to save some money and I still had pain. The moment he told me this and I stuck with osteo biflex the pain has gone away. Losing weight is going to help you a lot as well.

W: Lunges, crunches, knee lifts, squats, walking, all at the park while there with my son and granddaughter.
    N: 4, only because I ate a tamale :laugh: everything else was very clean and healthy
    S: my breakfast, kale, celery, cucumber, strawberries with whey protein, coconut oil, ginger. Yum!!

:flowerforyou:
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    W: Circuit with trainer - Heavy weights intermixed with cardio
    S: PM snack
    N: 4

DoubleButtSpider: Sometimes knee pain is due to tight muscles pulling on your ligaments in your knee. Strength training can exacerbate it. Spend a little more time stretching your hamstrings, quads and glutes after you strength train. This might help. :)

Everyone is doing so well with the weight loss! Good job everyone!

Congrats Chelsea on winning the photo contest!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    W: Rest Day:love:
    S: PM snack
    N: 4 (Didn't get all of my calories in, and that's probably not the best on a heavy workout day):wink:
    Macros were very close:love:
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Monday
    W walk 20 min/ 64 squats
    N 5 I met my goals
    S pm snack

Tuesday
    W 90 min treadmill, 64 squats, upper body
    N meet food goals
    S breakfast:blushing:
  • jeepie98
    jeepie98 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats Chelsea!

W: Rest day
    S: breakfast
    N: 5

You ladies killed it last week awesome job!!!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Monday
    W walk 20 min/ 64 squats
    N 5 I met my goals
    S pm snack