Block 2-Traditional Feel

Options
Block 2 has more of the traditional feel of P90X in my opinion and that's not a bad thing.

There's more lifting which I love and the cardio is more intense. Triometrics... :love:

I think this is the month where I'm going to see the brunt of my weight loss and fitness results.

Just have to stay focused and stick to Slow Carb diet meals.

Replies

• maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I start Block 2 on Saturday. I can't wait - although I'm kind of dreading Triometrics!
    I hope it's true that this is where you see more results; I'm kinda disappointed by my results so far.
  • corbanlucas
    Options
    Looking at X3 as a whole, I see that it follows the model of X2

First month is a foundational phase focusing on cardio and core exercises. Preparing the body.

Second month is to build strength, that's why there's more weights involved.

And month three focuses more on performance.

Just out of curiosity, what does your diet consist of?
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Looking at X3 as a whole, I see that it follows the model of X2

First month is a foundational phase focusing on cardio and core exercises. Preparing the body.

Second month is to build strength, that's why there's more weights involved.

And month three focuses more on performance.

Just out of curiosity, what does your diet consist of?

The nutrition ratio is 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat, and this stays consistent throughout the entire program. So far my weight has stayed within a pound or two of my starting point, but my body fat has dropped between 1%-2% in the first 28 days.

Mike
  • maxiefit
    maxiefit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Admittedly my diet is not great. I am a supremely picky eater with an intense fondness for bread and potatoes. So while I stay in my recommended calorie range (I'm usually a couple hundred cals below my goal for the day) I am always over my carb goal and under my protein goal. I'm sure that's contributing to my minimal weight loss, but I did think I'd see a bit more definition at this point than I have; in the past I've seen differences pretty quickly whereas with this it's been a lot more subtle.
  • groundhawg
    groundhawg Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Like Tony says, no amount of exercise can undo diet. When girls want to "tone" they need to build muscle at the same time as adjusting their dietary habits. You just need to pick what you want. I love LOVE craft beers. I'm fine with looking a bit soft in the middle as long as I'm also in shape enough to do everything I want in the summer. I'll never have Dreya's abs, because I will never eat in the way I'm sure she eats.

That said I have traditionally always seen my body change much quicker in phase II of p90 programs. I've read that this is a frequent occurrence for women especially, and it mostly has to do with muscle gain pacing fat loss on a scale. You should be seeing your measurements change. I know I have in just these first two weeks! If you are not I would try and wear a HRM monitor to see if your really pushing yourself appropriately, that is, if you are getting discourage. Otherwise, as long as your getting in shape, and your patient, have fun with it!