Hello! Exercise Q

amellis2
amellis2 Posts: 2 Member
I am Marissa Serrano from Herbie Parents!

I have a cheapie Heart rate monitor with chest strap. I use the chest strap and have it calibrated correctly (my weight, age, sex, etc), I think. It tells me I burn what i consider to be an INSANE number of calories (A lot more than the default number on MFP for exercise.) Run for about 2 miles - 800-1000 calories. I am pretty heavy still, over 250 lbs. I am fairly fit, but I am tired of working so hard and eating pretty healthy and not losing weight.

I know I need to work on water intake, too, I just literally get so busy i forget to drink water (I'm a SAHM to twin toddlers.)

So. Would you use the numbers that your heart rate monitor gives you or would you use the default MFP measurements?? I need less junk in my trunk STAT.

Replies

• I still dont have a heart rate monitor but I can't believe that those calories are accurate. Especially as you aren't seeing the results you want. Go with the lower calories burned estimate and make sure your intake is on track. I have to say good for you getting your workouts in with twin toddlers. I just have one and I really struggle.
  • amellis2
    amellis2 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! That's what I thought. My weigh gain started when I started using the monitor. I think I will ditch the monitor and go back to using the treadmill machine (after I get the clear to run again...Just got put into a boot today for a bone spur.)