Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lialda - life saver?

kpnive
kpnive Posts: 64 Member
For those that take Lialda - did your dr. prescribe heavy at first? I was diagnosed with chronic ulcerative proctitis. My script is Lialda 4x a day and suppository daily. I have not yet done the latter, but i've been on the lialda for a week and all my symptoms are GONE. Does it really work that fast? and has anyone had any side affect symptoms?

Replies

• JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    I don't take that, but a similar drug called mazavent XL.

Yes, it did work fast, couple of weeks I think and i was good. I am taking it still- will be forever.

You should do the suppositries though- make sure the inflammation has died down. Its not that bad once you get the hang of it. I reccommend some KY Jelly!
  • JPLYLER09
    JPLYLER09 Posts: 78 Member
    I take Lialda (& have a script card that I only pay $10 FYI) I started out with 2 pills and have been up'd recently to 4... But I must say I'm feeling better.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    I take 4 Lialda a day. I also have the prescription card so I only pay $10. If you don't have it, ask your doc for one.

I can't say if it was the Lialda or the 6MP that pulled me out of my most recent flare. I was on both and still am.

I'm seeing my GI on Friday just for a well being check.

Last year, he wanted to decrease my Lialda to 3 tabs daily but I was afraid to.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    I was just diagnosed with UC last week and took my first pills last night. I'm only taking 3 pills once a day and that, along with the fun cream I get to shoot up myself with, has already helped.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 250 Member
    Does Lialda work for Ulcerative Colitis? Is that what you are saying? :smile:
  • Mon6187
    Mon6187 Posts: 1 Member
    I was diagnosed with UC and IBS in 2001 and was first put on Asacol, but then I went through a myriad of other drugs (mainly due to cost) but I have been on Lialda (2x daily) for about 3 years. At first it helped my symptoms greatly, but I feel like I have gotten worse in recent months. I am also taking Dicyclomine 2-4x daily but haven't noticed much relief with that either (again, good at first but then got worse again). Has anyone else experienced this? I would guess that I might be building up a tolerance or maybe I'm just flaring nonstop... Sometimes I up my medication but perhaps not long enough to notice a difference. How long do you change the amount of your meds for if you are experiencing a flare up?

I also have the discount card, you can just go to their website to sign up and don't need a doctor to give it to you.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    my doc (who i haven't seen in ages) seems to refuse to put me on any sort of oral medication, all that I get is the salufolk (sp) suppositories.... is it just because my UC is not bad enough to need daily meds ( I generally can keep my self out of a flare up and when i go into a bad one I take my suppositories)... thoughts?