The BIG Week 5!

Options
StephFork
StephFork Posts: 182 Member
Well today I finished Week 4 and it's time to move on to Week 5. I'm scared but ready to FINALLY finish it! Third time is the charm right?! I hope everyone is right about it being all mental and that my calves and shins let me do it! :)

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You're ready. It'll be a mental battle but you can do it. If your calves & shins start to hurt, slow down. If your breathing starts to get laboured, slow down.
    Trust your body and the program. You will do it this time.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    ^^^ this. Also, find something else to concentrate on during the run.
  • StephFork
    Options
    I keep wondering how slow I'll have to slow down. I have gone as slow as a 4.8 (treadmill) pace and it almost seems like cheating going slower than that but I may have to. Good idea about trying to concentrate on something else. My gym has a cinema room so I think I'll go in there to run.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like you're cheating. I am the slowest runner in the world. I mean that. My top running speed is 3.5. The point is, you're doing it!!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The 5k training plan that promises me a 32:30 5k time has me running 13:30 easy runs (which is 4.5 on the treadmill). This is based on the 33 minute 5k I did in November. Trust me, under 4.8 isn't cheating. 3.5 is about where I was during the C25k program. The goal is time, not speed.
  • StephFork
    Options
    You guys made me feel so much better. I will slow my speed down for my run and push through this mental block telling me I don't know if I can do it. Next week is the big week!! :)
  • StephFork
    Options
    I DID IT! Slowed my pace down to 4.2-4.5 but I did it! :) You guys were right, it's all mental!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    That is so awesome! I'm excited for you. This is a technique you will use regularly as a runner - if you don't think you can do a run, slow down until you can.