Keto and Intermittent Fasting

Options
Waddup ya'll...Back in December I started doing Intermittent Fasting (Leangains) and I'm here to say that IF is legit...I had my doubts because I'm kinda old school eat 3-4 meals throughout the day but eating at the end of my day before bed has yielded results I've never seen before on keto....and I'll be tracking my progress here as well as bodybuilding.com...I'm not gonna go into detail about what IF is and how to do it because you have to fit it to you and your schedule but If you're reading this then you have internet access and you're more than able to read up on it yourself...just throwing it out there for ya'll...

Replies

• RunForChai
    RunForChai Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been experimenting with this too and getting good results.
    It seems pretty easy to do--I don't feel hungry at all.
  • bidgiewidgie
    Options
    That is great that you are getting good results! yay! well done.

I too have combined keto and IF and am getting some good weight loss results (despite what my counter says because I only added it yesterday,) and having good energy levels all day, sleeping well, maintaining a good mood and not having cravings; I even fed my husband and his friend lovely home made pizzas tonight and while I thought about the pizzas and how good they looked, it wasn't a strong craving and I was fine eating my LCHF meal next to them and wondered about how to make LC pizzas next time ... or just thought about the possibility of next time just biting the topping off and feeding the crust to the waiting Wolfhound! :) a win-win-win for me, DH and the hound!

I am using the Bulletproof IF plan which advises eating only from 2-8pm and fasting for the rest (6:18) with the exception of a butter and MCT/coconut oil laden coffee in the mornings. It is no trouble at all and I like not having to bother thinking about morning meals - I tend to get more work done in the day! And looking forward to 2pm to eat is something nice to think about, I often find I get back to work and it is 3pm before I realise the time and go eat something; by then I am actually hungry, which I suspect is even more effective. I don't eat a lot at 2pm either, just until I am satisfied.

So yeah, I too find IF Keto easy to follow and probably beneficial.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That is great that you are getting good results! yay! well done.

I too have combined keto and IF and am getting some good weight loss results (despite what my counter says because I only added it yesterday,) and having good energy levels all day, sleeping well, maintaining a good mood and not having cravings; I even fed my husband and his friend lovely home made pizzas tonight and while I thought about the pizzas and how good they looked, it wasn't a strong craving and I was fine eating my LCHF meal next to them and wondered about how to make LC pizzas next time ... or just thought about the possibility of next time just biting the topping off and feeding the crust to the waiting Wolfhound! :) a win-win-win for me, DH and the hound!

I am using the Bulletproof IF plan which advises eating only from 2-8pm and fasting for the rest (6:18) with the exception of a butter and MCT/coconut oil laden coffee in the mornings. It is no trouble at all and I like not having to bother thinking about morning meals - I tend to get more work done in the day! And looking forward to 2pm to eat is something nice to think about, I often find I get back to work and it is 3pm before I realise the time and go eat something; by then I am actually hungry, which I suspect is even more effective. I don't eat a lot at 2pm either, just until I am satisfied.

So yeah, I too find IF Keto easy to follow and probably beneficial.
    Soo glad to read this! My eating window has been the same as yours for the past few months, and yesterday I began my quest for keto. It's nice to know they mix well together!
  • timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I like to do Keto/low carb/ induction with intemittened FAT FASTING,, great results, and weight loss on fat fasting is quicker than a normal fast,, has anyone else tried this?
  • LoveSanrio
    Options
    I haven't done the fat fast, but have read great things. I HAVE done IF though, and it is what helped me through my last stall. I couldn't get the scale to budge! Finally started IF, and BOOM, down 4 lbs.! I attribute IF and bulletproof coffee to being what helped me break through!

IF is so easy to do on Keto because you have such a small appetite to begin with. Yesterday was the first day I stopped IF. I had some tuna for lunch (no breakfast). I drank coffee all morning, lunch around 3pm, dinner around 9pm. While doing IF I would just eat dinner around 9pm. I will be doing the same if I hit a stall again.