Paleo snacks?

Options
I recently started paleo a little before the New Year. I really enjoy it but am having a hard time with snack options.. What are you doing for this? Suggestions?

Replies

• Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    celery with almond butter
    almonds
    lettuce wrap with mashed avocado and meat, sprinkled with garlic powder
    meat
    sliced peppers
    avocado with garlic and lime juice
    tuna in a half of a pepper
    hard boiled eggs
    "clean" deviled eggs
    berries with coconut milk (I like to add cinnamon)
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    nuts
    olives
    celery + peanut butter, or almond butter, or cream cheese (for the day you need to pick up the fat)

when I've got room for carbs I eat pomegranate arils

beef jerky
    cut up veggies
    whey protein shake

if you've really got room for carbs for the day apple slices and any nut butter are awesome. As are apple slices and cheese
  • Nutmeg76
    Options
    oh definitely beef jerky. When I first started I cooked a pound of bacon and ate it myself every other day...lol
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    jerky
    carrots
    lettuce wraps with ground turkey and sunbutter sauce
    piece of fruit or veggie
    cashews
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What type of beef jerky? Most are cured in brown sugar. Do you make your own?
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    take to pinterest!
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    take to pinterest!

That beer looks like a tasty snack..
  • Nutmeg76
    Options
    I make my own jerky, but I also don't sweat a little bit of sugar as long as the other ingredients are clean. Everybody is different though in what they think is acceptable.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I do big cook-ups every weekend so my leftovers are usually my snacks (meat/fat). Other than that, nuts in limited amounts, fat bombs, jerky (but I don't make it often-doesn't need sugar), fruit (limited), veggies, olives, avocado, oysters. It also doesn't take long at all to cook up an egg.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    What others mentioned, plus what Akimajuktuq said - doesn't need to be "snack" food, sometimes I just save some of my lunch to eat later.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a great place but if you aren't pinning then here are a couple direct resource links:

http://paleoaholic.com/paleo/category/snacks/

http://stalkerville.net/
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    What type of beef jerky? Most are cured in brown sugar. Do you make your own?

Make your own, use coconut aminos and spices ( try using Trader Joe's 21 spice of Every Day spice mixes) to marinate the meat.