Week 3 Struggle

Options
Guess what? I'm not a fan of week three. I am getting hungry. I've had to do a couple of days over again because I gave in and had junk. Plus I think it's my TOM as well so now I've got the cravings and bloating and utter exhaustion to add to my misery. Yesterday and today I have been back on track but I'm not as excited as I was the first couple of weeks. I will probably see the numbers on the scale go up this week unfortunately with the water retention, pizza, and not exercising for a couple of days. I just need to shake this off and get motivated again.

Replies

• jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh no! It seems like I always fade a little in about the 3rd week of a healthy eating plan and so I understand. I am only on week 2 of SS but actually week 3 since I did that other fat flush and I had to "have a talk with myself" to get pumped up! It's funny but I seem to be having these talks daily but they do help. I just tell myself the alternative is not just the scale going up again but the low energy from putting junk in my body, the low self worth that comes when I give up on myself so easily and the "you will never know if you could have gotten there" thoughts when I do quit to soon So stay with it and kudos to you for redoing the days when you mess up. And when you get frustrated, consider the alternatives. Hope that helped a little.
  • Oh2BeMaintaining
    Oh2BeMaintaining Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It's not easy, I agree! I am on W2D4 and I can't shake the headache and I have no energy. Overall I feel like crap, but I am dedicated to see this through. You can do this, shake off the bad days and recommit to the program. Bathing suit weather is right around the corner!
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    I'm at W3D4, and I confess I've been hungry this week too, though it's odd, my calorie consumption isn't *that* much less than the other weeks. My DH is really *****ing about this week too. I'm upped the consumption of tea and water a lot, and i've probably had more sugar-free gum than is good for me to keep those cravings at bay. I'm determined to stay on track - I even skipped book club tonight, because the restaurant we were going to didn't have any decent alternatives for me!

Keep reminding yourself that you can do anything for 24 hours... and then tell yourself again tomorrow!

Are you making the most of your snacks? ie. making sure they're protein-rich and/r carving -satisfying. My favourite 100-cal evening snack is a no sugar added jello choc pudding, plus cool whip and a few raspberries with herbal tea. I find I can drag it out a bit and it's got great mouth-feel.

Hang in there!
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    LOL. Apparently, MFP doesn't like the female-dog synonym. Who knew? :-)
  • Sillygirl50703
    Sillygirl50703 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I ordered myself a new swimsuit off of Amazon tonight that's a size smaller so I just gave myself some new motivation. And thanks I do need some more ideas for 100 calorie snacks. My go-to snack is a bag of healthy pop popcorn, the one that's 100 calories per bag. I like it because it looks like a lot of food and it tricks me. But it does get a little old! Anyway I will give myself a talking to daily as well! thanks for the advice. I'm glad we have this group :)
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    The size-smaller bathing suit is ballsy! Way to go! And you're right, we should brainstorm our snacks a bit, as I tend to go to the same things a lot, and need to keep it interesting.
  • Sillygirl50703
    Sillygirl50703 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well I did my week 3 weigh-in and I somehow managed to lose 3 more pounds this week even though I flubbed some and lazed some and bloated up some. I was shocked. That's probably a testimony to just how bad my habits were previously lol. Anyway, I'll take it! Yahoo!
  • jobell2355
    jobell2355 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • murph1777ca
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm jealous :-)