DVD exercise video's

Options
Hi I was wondering what/if anyone does any DVD workout video's. I do Ripped in 30 and I have Insanity fast and furious but have only done that one once. I really like Jillian Michaels and her exercises. What does everyone else do?

Replies

• zoetewijn
    zoetewijn Posts: 121
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels. 30 day shred. I just started it 2 days ago. I can tell u my legs hurt and I'm only on level 1
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i love jm.. i have her shed, her yoga, and another one. i have alot of bb insanity .. i have all sorts of dvds i mix in with my running and tabata
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I'm also still on level 1, I heard that 30 day shred and ripped in 30 are very similar. I am sweating like crazy when I'm done with the workout. Which is nice cause I know that I worked hard. :)
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    she always gives a solid burn.
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I'm really loving her dvd so far. I will probably end up getting more of her's
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    shes great she doesnt coddle you.. shes like move!
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Im not in good enough shape yet to do her videos I have the Xbox Kinect game of the biggest loser and I was trying to do some of one of her videos off of you tube
    I do walking videos from you tube by Leslie Sansone and I walk around town
    and I've started lifting the little weights we have
  • hebrews11113
    Options
    finished Jillians ripped in 30 week one... it seemed to take forever but I finished it and going to start week 2 soon. I started my monthly at 4am and it has thrown a monkey wrench into my plans... I recently joined my moms gym You Fit I have been going with her as a guest and joined cause it is a great gym.... So I also have Billy Banks 8 10 minute workouts too, he kicks butt too but not like Jillian.... I like DVD's to do at home...it in my own privacy and pace that I can work up to the speed of the video... One issue I have is the fan is low so I seem to hit my hands at times....
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I'm still on week one, hopefully will be done on Saturday. Then on to week 2, I'm loving her workouts. I have insanity fast and furious but I don't really like it and I can't get passed the warm up, yet.
  • jennhill310
    Options
    Sue just keep working at it you'll get there. :)
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I have a few DVDs. Both of Jillian's Yoga programs, a couple of dance aerobics, a couple of hatha yoga and the like. I vary it up a bit each day. My "Dance off the Inches" DVD kicks my rear end. I know I look silly trying to do these moves, but it really works me out. I thought I was going to die the first time I even did the warm-up. I haven't done much with the DVDs the last couple of days, but I might tomorrow as the treadmill is getting rather boring.
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. I'm currently in week 3 of her 12 week Body Revolution program for the second time. Its very challenging but I love it.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple of Insanity DVD's from Amazon but I gave those to my 15 y/o, don't think I'm there yet! But I am going to try them.

Today was rough exercise-wise, I just couldn't get it together on the treadmill. I made myself get to a mile, then I stayed on until I hit right at 100 calories burned but it was a struggle for some reason. My calves were tight and cramped and at times I felt off-balance.

Googling around I found a few sights with some good strength training and then found that Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 1 is on youtube! I ended up doing 3 different arms strength training videos from youtube plus a few sets of arm strength training that I used to do. So, I did get a good work out in today... but it sure was a struggle. :frown: Pretty sure my arms will be sore tomorrow. :tongue:

Tomorrow's a new day. I keep reading about Jillian Michael's videos ... gonna give that a shot tomorrow!!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution on Monday. I know it's going to kick my a**, but I'm looking forward to it!
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have 30DS which I'm on day 16, Level 2. I also have ancient Tae Bo, the advanced version on VHS. Because I love kickboxing so much, I also have Jillian's Kickboxing Fast Fix and Billy Blank's Tae Bo Express. I think there's a Walk Away the Pounds video too but I like the upbeat stuff! I like to mix it up as well as go to group fitness classes at my gym. :)
  • gerry_jamison
    gerry_jamison Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Started T25 2 days ago, same trainer as insanity
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    shaun.. kicks butt. hes my male Jillian lol
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels. I'm currently in week 3 of her 12 week Body Revolution program for the second time. Its very challenging but I love it.

I just bought this program, can't wait till it get's here!
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I bought a couple of Insanity DVD's from Amazon but I gave those to my 15 y/o, don't think I'm there yet! But I am going to try them.

haha I did the same thing, I couldn't do it yet, so I have it sitting on my dvd player looking at me for the next time.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Groupon has a great deal right now on Jillian Michael's DVD's for anyone that's interested... there are 5 or 6 different ones including 30DS for $5.99 each!! You can buy up to 3 at that price.

If you don't use Groupon send me a PM with your email and I'll send you an invite so I can get a Groupon credit for referring you!! :flowerforyou: