Options

Replies

• LifeItself
    Options
    The Fault in Our Stars
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just finished Donna Tarrt's new book "The Goldfinch". WOW.
  • shali69
    Options
    Me and my daughter read Tithe a Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black, we both loved it. I'm making my way through the Game of Thrones series now, the first book was great! Second ones a bit slow.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    1. Razorland Series by Anne Aguirre (YA) (Enclave, Outpost, and Horde)
    2. Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta (YA) ( Finnikin of the Rock, Froi of the Exiles, and Quintana of Charin)
    3. Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews
  • JolienKeane
    Options
    Jojo Moyes - Me Before You. Although the cover suggests it's yet another chicklit, it's truly not. I've read it and reread it and I still can't get my mind off of it. Brilliant read.
  • barefootrach
    Options
    A Girl's Guide to Homelessness by Brianna Karp. It's an autobiography I happened to spot at my local library and it was one of the most difficult and fascinating stories I've ever read. Ms. Karp has to be one of the most diligent, hardworking people I've ever "met" and her story of ingenuity, triumphs, and tragedy was incredibly gripping. I whole-heatedly recommend her book to everyone.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I read The Once and Future King and loved it so much I read the second book again immediately. And I loved Swamplandia! so much I was reading it in the car at pick ups.
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff, Christs Childhood Pal, by Christopher Moore
  • jkbnligocki
    jkbnligocki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have read a couple of really good books in my opinion for our book club. One was 11/22/63 by Stephen King. If you are a JFK fanatic this is the book for you. Also right now reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. So far so good!!
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Jojo Moyes - Me Before You. Although the cover suggests it's yet another chicklit, it's truly not.

That's exactly what I said. :)

Last great book I read was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just finished Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. It's an amazing book. I haven't read anything else by her but I will.
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff, Christs Childhood Pal, by Christopher Moore

Loved that book!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Fool's Fate, which is the 3rd in the Tawny Man series, and could be considered either the 6th book a paired series - or the 9th, as the character the Fool is a major but not main character in a third trilogy, so that series is not necessary to the plot (although it is very helpful). Author is Robin Hobb, I can re-read these books forever.
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the Fault in our Stars but prior to that it was the Dean Koontz novel, The Watchers. It was about a man and a special dog that we evading a beast. It was exciting and heartwarming.
  • KatyRhys
    KatyRhys Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Unwrapped Sky (Caeli-Amur #1)
    by Rjurik Davidson
  • quinnzellah
    quinnzellah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bioshock: Rapture by John Shirely

This is based on a videogame and I had my doubts even though the game is amazing, but it is actually a VERY good book.

I cried at the ending. It's set in a dystopian society in a city under the sea. It's sort of a prequel to the videogame so it builds up the characters really well and talks about how Rapture (the city) was built and what happened on that fateful new years night of 1958.
    It explains where it all went wrong and the mutation of the people into the plasmid addicted Splicers.

Even if you have no played the videogame, this book is still very good and I would recommend it to anyone who is say a fan of Ninteen Eighty-four by George Orwell or V For Vendetta by Alan Moore.

Gah, I absolutely loved Shirley's BioShock:Rapture (and huge fan of the BioShock games as well).
  • SpiritBunny
    SpiritBunny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Madame Bovary by Flaubert
  • oORosadaOo
    oORosadaOo Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness (Harry Potter fanfiction written by Andrew Blake/Thanfiction) was really awesome! It was very well written, I couldn't put it down, and it made me laugh out loud one moment and cry like a baby the next. It doesn't happen often anymore that a book truly touches me.

• ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm reading A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin right now. I love it!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks ...very informational but also with a personal story.