Blood Work Results on Low Carb

Options
danimalkeys
danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
I had my annual physical today- my 1st doc visit since starting low carb back in August. I was really interested in how my lab results would come back. It was good news.

My last lab work was March '13. Since then, my overall cholesterol was down 18 points. HDL was up 6 (the "good" cholesterol", LDL (the bad) down 6, and triglycerides were down 89 points.

He was commenting on how good it looked and I said wait til I tell you what I've been eating... :).

I'd post this in the general forums as a NSV but it'd be met with negativity I'm sure, and the regulars would tell me that any calorie deficit would have given the same results, but we know better here!

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I really need to get a primary care doctor and get blood-work done. My company changed insurance providers and my old Dr. doesn't take the new insurance. I would like to have some documented proof that I'm not driving my body into an early grave. ;-)
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Bravo, danimalkeys! Congrats on sticking to low carb and obtaining improved health. Stories like yours are evidence it is not a "fad" but instead true to our physiology. I hope you do post your NSV on the common forum, "success stories". Yesterday, a low carber I'm friended with on MFP posted his astounding bloodwork results. No one responded with anything negative to say, they were all messages of "kudos". I believe this information needs to get out there, as it has the potential to save and improve lives. So, I hope you do post!
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Bravo, danimalkeys! Congrats on sticking to low carb and obtaining improved health. Stories like yours are evidence it is not a "fad" but instead true to our physiology. I hope you do post your NSV on the common forum, "success stories". Yesterday, a low carber I'm friended with on MFP posted his astounding bloodwork results. No one responded with anything negative to say, they were all messages of "kudos". I believe this information needs to get out there, as it has the potential to save and improve lives. So, I hope you do post!

^^^This!!!

I couldn't agree more with fruttibiscotti - the more the word gets out, the more we lead others into a new frame of thought. This could lead to a change in dietary guidelines. I would consider it a MUST if America really wants to change the way we view health. (And health care, for that matter. But that's another topic...)

Thank you for sharing!!!
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great to hear, well done!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'll post it! Thanks!
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options