Your Bucket List - a strategic plan for living

Options
jpilley
jpilley Posts: 78 Member
Saw that wonderful movie with Morgan Freeman and the one and only Jack Nicholson - if you haven't seen it, you should rent it. Got me thinking...... Why make a "bucket list" of things that probably I won't get accomplished. Things that perhaps I can dream of but are not realistic goals?

What about things that are within my reach?

My list: (I have so many more but here are a few that perhaps you all can relate to)

***Start running (now)
Run a 5K (when it quits snowing)
Run a 10K (sometime later this year)
Run a half marathon (after I make it through the 10K)
Run a marathon (before I die)

***Workout regularly - that means get up off my butt and do something active that burns calories EVERYDAY

***Eat healthy - diets are for losers and they never work
Great quote by Jackie Gleason:
"The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day you’re off it."

***Lose the weight - how much? Thinking a few pounds at a time cuz with each pound I lose - I FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF!

One step at a time....

I don't want to grow up - don't want to grow old - don't want to give up.

Thoreau (my favorite) said: " Things do not change; we change."

What is your "bucket list" for living?

Replies

• momc4sons
    Options
    I have seen the Bucket List and it's great! I have walked the Turkey Trot in Buffalo, NY and it was pretty amazing.
    I would like to run a 5k someday. No interest in running a marathon! Two of my sons were into cross country and they really excelled. My son won the NYS cross country race in his senior year and ran for two years in college before his knees started giving him problems. I would like to Cycle the Erie Canal. My job only gives me so many days off so not this year.
  • jpilley
    Options
    I'm dreaming of course, but hey what's life without dreams.

5K's are about my limit and I usually come in last (or close to it) BUT because I run the small ones and there are so few women (if any) running in my age bracket - I usually always get a medal!

jp
  • MrsMRG
    MrsMRG Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A marathon? You go girl!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I ran a marathon.....Never again!!! Lol. I do 5k's regularly and that is fun.
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My bucket list is to get fit enough to be able to rock climb, hike, and bike in all the places I plan to travel to.
  • SkinnyFattoo
    Options
    I like your bucket list, especially "Workout regularly - that means get up off my butt and do something active that burns calories EVERYDAY."

My bucket list is simple:
    -Go to Italy (and not worry about how I look or what I eat or drink)
    -Start riding my horse again (when the weather gets warmer). I'd like to show my horse again sometime, but need to get into white spandex pants to do so :)
  • jpilley
    Options
    LOL - perhaps we will all be in white spandex pants by the end of the year!
  • SkinnyFattoo
    Options
    Yes! Let's all put that on our bucket lists!
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes, let's do that!
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ha! I couldn't possibly put on white spandex pants no matter what shape I'm in.
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You younger gals all go for any size marathon; I can't include that as I have two bad knees, but I would like to get back on my "dreadmill" again and get back up to 30 min. Any encouraging words please?:ohwell:
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    5k is definitely on my list too!

Thats why I am trying the c25k program. I have just completed the first week.

I dislocated my knee a while back so I am worried about hurting it again, but this takes it very slow, so @isefluffy44 you might want to try it too.
  • LovemyTysonboy
    Options
    I love reading all your posts, wish I could write like that, my hubby can. Loved loved that movie, loved it so much I bought it. I agree you gals go right ahead with the spandex white pants. Even if I was skinny enough to wear them I would feel self conscious, you know the camel toe thing, ha ha. I would love to do a 5k but I have bad knees, can't run. That's why I use elliptical machine in the gym. Some of My Bucket list: stay healthy, try try to eat healthy and no more yo-yo dieting, make new friends, read all the books I downloaded.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    You younger gals all go for any size marathon; I can't include that as I have two bad knees, but I would like to get back on my "dreadmill" again and get back up to 30 min. Any encouraging words please?:ohwell:

This is my goal, too. Get back up to 30 minutes on the elliptical. ix-nay on the white spandex. I would look like a marshmallow. But would love to see your pictures at the end of the year. :happy:

My bucket list would include wearing a really smart wool suit with heels; seeing the ballet and symphony in person; go snorkeling; learn to kayak.
  • 50something14
    50something14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen Bucket List, but I'll put that one on my bucket list now. :-)
    Along with it….
    -be able to walk into a clothes store and have a better selection of what I want to wear versus what will fit.
    -to be able to gracefully get up when I fall down skiing (oh, and to have the fitness level to get better at skiing in the first place)
    -to be around for my grandkids (after of course this late in life mom gets her youngest out of middle school and oldest out of high school….and through college…and….etc, etc, etc).

There are a few more on that list too….but this is a good focus for now…
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    LOL - perhaps we will all be in white spandex pants by the end of the year!

I'm all in for the white spandex ;-) great list. I don't really have one? it would be nice to just enjoy meals again and not count the calories LOL
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like your goal, Marcie. Mine is similar in that I want to experience guilt free eating. I feel like I'm making progress on this since logging food and exercise every day and learning mindful eating. I ask myself before popping something in my mouth...am I hungry? ...physically? Emotionally? Am I eating this be because I'm feeling stressed, anxious, tired, bored?Will I feel better or worse after I eat this? When food becomes nourishment for the body, I can focus more on things that nourish the soul. It's a process. Doesn't happen overnight! And there are setbacks. I like it when people say 2 steps forward, 1 step back. That means they're ahead of where they started...and they are human. My goal is to keep moving forward, one baby step at a time and see what life will bring.
  • BarbieAnya
    BarbieAnya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be able to hike the trails in Glacier National Park and keep up with my husband. He only has one speed and he never varies from that. UGH!! When I ask him to slow down all I hear is a big "SIGH"