Options
Yep. That was my weight on January 1st. I'm now 375lbs as of this morning, but my ultimate goal is to get down to 140lbs.

As supportive as people are in other areas of MFP, I'd love some support & motivation from people who are or have been in a similar position to myself, as well as to support & motivate others. So, feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started last year at 390, breaking 300 is killer to me, I do but then I'm back up so fast.

I have good and bad days with it, I don't mind the journey so much
    it's wonderful to have support from people who started at the same spot and who have the same
    sometimes seemingly impossible journey

It's not impossible
    it's hard :P I'm not going to sugar coat it
    you can do it, the people in this community are so supportive
    even when I'm not doing great it's nice to know there are people in my corner here

Add people and don't forget to enjoy some of the journey :P
  • MissDLynnR
    MissDLynnR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I am always trying to make some new friends and weight loss buddies. I was 311 two weeks ago and now I am down to 299. Getting under the 300 was a milestone to me. Anyone feel free to add me. I don't really have any friends so its nice to make some on here!

Thanks
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Awesome job getting into the 200's!! I'm down to 262 and less than 250 is so close I can taste it. Once I get under 250, I figure I can consider myself closer to 200 than 300.

Keep doing what's best for your everyday. You are worth it!! :)
  • LiveHarder
    LiveHarder Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh 345ish right now, my highest weight was around 360 so I'm pretty close to you, but I think my goal weight is probably closer to 160ish area.
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    my highest weight was 338 on January first. As of this morning I am 320. You can do it! you just have to believe you can. My husband and I started paleo, and I can't tell you how amazing I feel. Most of the cravings I had are gone. THe first week was really hard because your are essentially cleansing. Good luck everyone, and I am glad to know I am not alone!
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I started at 409, I'm 359 now. I'm looking forward to getting out of the 300's, but I can't wait to be in onederland again! Haven't been there since my way up in my teens! :laugh:

I love this group. I don't know anyone in RL who is morbidly obese, and while my family are supportive, I don't think they really know what it is like to essentially carry a couple of people around on my back all the time (not looking for sympathy or anything!), and a lot of the advice on the forums seems to be geared towards people who have a lot less to lose - doesn't make it bad advice, I look forward to availing of it when I have 50lbs left to goal!

It's just nice to know there are others going through the same kind of thing and who know what it is like.
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    "I don't think they really know what it is like to essentially carry a couple of people around on my back all the time (not looking for sympathy or anything!),"

I love this. I had lost a little weight after my son was born a couple years ago and I was trying to run with my aunt and my husband. I was feeling very defeated after a 5K when I was passed by a couple of walkers. My itty bitty aunt (who has always made comments about my weight) came over and told me I just needed to run faster.

Really?!? Why the H-E- double hockey sticks didn't I think of that?? I just needed to run faster....

I was about 280 pounds at the time, so I told her to go ahead and put her husband on her back and we'd run together the next race. Then she could give some more additional advice about how fun and easy it is running with 180 pounds of extra weight. She didn't think that was nearly as funny as I did. :glasses:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    "I don't think they really know what it is like to essentially carry a couple of people around on my back all the time (not looking for sympathy or anything!),"

I love this. I had lost a little weight after my son was born a couple years ago and I was trying to run with my aunt and my husband. I was feeling very defeated after a 5K when I was passed by a couple of walkers. My itty bitty aunt (who has always made comments about my weight) came over and told me I just needed to run faster.

Really?!? Why the H-E- double hockey sticks didn't I think of that?? I just needed to run faster....

I was about 280 pounds at the time, so I told her to go ahead and put her husband on her back and we'd run together the next race. Then she could give some more additional advice about how fun and easy it is running with 180 pounds of extra weight. She didn't think that was nearly as funny as I did. :glasses:

Lol! I just had a vision of your aunt running a race with her husband on her back! :laugh:
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    ellay,

My heaviest weight was 390.2, so I feel ya! I've gone up and down in weight a couple of times since joining MFP, but the downs seem to have started lasting a little longer than the ups. Hang in there and keep trying, even if you mess up, just keep going. Add all the people in the 300+ group, they know where you are because are or have been there too.