Feeling hungry all the time

Options
I am trying to loose, and get my A1C down, and I feel hungry all the time. Any suggestions?

Replies

• newfashiongirl
    newfashiongirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How often do you eat? I always eat breakfast, then a few hours later, have a snack, then a few hours later, I eat lunch, then snack, then dinner, then snack. I rarely feel hungry this way.
  • Bertie02
    Bertie02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find that when I first make major changes in my exercise or food choices I stay hungry for a few days and it gets better. I like to think of it as self sabotage because its my body's way of saying its not happy with the changes and it trys to get me to eat something wrong or workout less etc.

Good Luck
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, maybe you're cutting back too much. Also, are you increasing certain foods that may help keep you more satisfied, like enough protein and vegetables? I've seen some people's diaries that are amazing...lots of foods that are amazingly low in carbs, yet filling. I couldn't see your diary so I'm not sure what you're eating.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,705 Member
    Options
    The combination of fibre and protein helps me satiety. When hungry try a boiled egg with an apple, for example. Then wait 15 minutes and check if you are still hungry.
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    High blood sugar levels often make us feel hungry, because our body thinks it needs more carbohydrate and energy. The combination of protein, fiber and water helps us feel satisfied for a longer period of time. I also find it helpful to get busy doing something I don't associate with eating, and often I forget I'm hungry. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • sarahmilner714
    sarahmilner714 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    After years of not eating breakfast, I have finally had to give in due to my medication. I've found that it depends on what I eat. If I just have toast or cereal I am hungry by mid morning. However I have discovered porridge. It seems to fill me all the way to lunch time, and then I am not always hungry.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    High blood sugar makes one feel like they can eat half a mammoth and still be hungry. Carbs make our blood sugar soar because that system in our bodies is broken. We just can't process them. A better breakfast for us would be bacon and eggs, hold the toast or Anything with carbohydrates. If you are going to have carbs, have things like spinach, lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, green or red peppers, zucchini, and please hold the carrots and go easy on the celery.

Same goes for protein. If you eat more than your body needs, your body will turn it into glucose via gluconeogenesis. Bad news. Lower your carb intake and increase your fat intake Proportionally. Fat will keep you full and satisfied; it will also Not raise your blood sugar. it can't. Look up LCHF (low carb, high fat diet). It saved my life and helped me to lose all of my weight. It also makes you feel much less hungry. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.