Welcome-Tell us about you :)

13»

Replies

• RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Hi Everyone:
    I just joined the group. I just ordered X3 and it hasn't arrived yet. I've done many BB programs from Insantiy, Chalene and p90X and the Beast. I have three kids and am Canadian. I look forward to reading many of the discussions on here and being an active participant.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a 38 year old married canadian mom with 2 small kids ( 5yrs,1 yr ) and an active dog. I also work/ school full time, so life is crazy busy to say the least. I gained 75 lb during my first pregnancy, and it took me very long time to lose it. Then baby #2 come along, and I gained 65 lb with her. She finally started to sleep through the night a week ago, and as I got my sleep back I am ready to exercise again.

I generally like weight training, and not a big cardio fan , especially do not like complex choreography and dancy moves . After getting through numerous Jillian Michael DVDs, I come across P90X back in 2011 and I loved it .I really like the structure of short intensive and independent moves. I didn't actually finish the whole p90x program as described, because Yoga for 90 minutes bored the hell out of me. Plus I just could not get the whole Kempo thing, but I did used the P90X DVDs quite a bit. I felt like hell during my pregnancy, and I stopped exercise completely. Now after 1 yr 10 months of no exercise whatsoever P90x3 is kicking my butt , but I am loving it.

So far , I have done 2 days and feel great. Despite my aversion of cardio, Agility was amazing. Total synergetic was ok, but it required a bit too much balance for my taste.
    I do not follow the nutrition plan completely, but aim for the recommended calorie intake and eat at least the 30% recommended protein , sometimes even more. I eat much less carb than Tony's recommends, only 15-20% (80-120g), but I used to eat even less, so this is already an adjustment i made for the purpose of this workout. I have a recovery drink after my evening workout with 40 g carb, and that should be sufficient for replenish the muscles glycogens.
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Hi. I'm 29 and from metro Detroit. I am on my 3rd week of P90X3. I was just sick of making excuses, and in all honesty, the gym bores me. This works much better for me. I am already seeing results, which could also be in part to my diet plus adding in yoga (and soon to be doing swimming). The first week, I couldn't do one "regular" push-up. Only 3 weeks in, I can do a few (hey, better than none). I can't believe how fast a body can change. There's a bit of improvement with my balance as well, so when I go to yoga, I find myself being able to hold poses better and longer.

This group is a great idea. We can all find support on here, especially on those days when you feel too tired or lazy to workout. One really needs to have mental strength to do something for 90 days straight. Good luck to everyone with their transformations!
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Darlene, I am a 54 (55 in 2 weeks) ok, 55 year-old female who has always worked out. I just ordered mine yesterday and it should arrive Wednesday. I did order on Amazon because I have their primetime with no shipping costs. I hated forking over $140 so I was not about to give up another 20 bucks for shipping.

This is my first Beach Body DVD paying over $50 dollars but I have to do something. I have done them all...almost all of them from NROL, Stronglifts, Drop2Sizes, Strong Curves with some TurboJam, HipHop Abs, Cathy Friedrich, Jessica Smith and many more with no results.

The one that I had the best result with was Supreme 90 Day and that is the reason I decided to purchase the P90x3. 30 minutes and it's done and you can pack a lot of workout in that time. After watching the infomercials it was a toss-up between this and T25. I chose this because I like lifting weights.

Supreme 90 Day I saw results but with the other lifting programs I gained muscle and strength but no fat loss. Now I am hoping this will melt the fat and hopefully lose some weight. I do clean eat most of the time. My weakness is the weekends and those cocktails. So I know I have to get that in check.

Looking forward to reading everyone's results and hopefully will have some great ones of my own to share. And if there are any other 50 plus folks on here who have started the program, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks for starting this group. I also joined the fb one.
  • pjowkar
    pjowkar Posts: 36 Member
    Hello from da U.P. Eh!

Umm...I really don't talk like that, but I couldn't resist. I'm Kelsey and I'm a 28-year-old mom of three girls, 6, 4, and 9 months. I've been married to my best friend for almost 8 years. I graduated in Dec. 2012 while pregnant with my third baby with a degree in Health Information. I accepted a position with a local HMO company this last Sept. so as you can imagine, it was a huge change for my family. It also affected my workouts.

My husband has completed P90X and has time and time again asked me to do it with him, but I never would. I can't stand working out for longer than 40-45 min. Anything past that and I get inpatient and bored. When we found out that there was a P90X coming out with only 30 min workouts or so, I was excited. It was my idea to order it and it will be here next week. I can't wait to be able to do this with my husband. I have about 5-8 more lbs. I'd like to lose.

Yupers...just kidding. I live in Metro Detroit (and consequently teach Michigan History to my 3rd grade students). You guys are much nicer and laid back! Good luck with P90X3
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Sweet a P90X3 Group!

I credit P90X and Insanity for much of my success losing weight and getting fit. Picked up P90X3 this year to cross train against my running, hoping it's enough to help keep my core strong and try to fight the muscle mass loss from running that I saw last year. I might have to throw in some heavy lifting here and here... we'll see I guess.

Love the program so far, I missed Tony!

I'm almost 32, father of 2 from West Michigan, down something like 80 pounds since I started my journey back in 2005. Picked up running as an addiction in 2012, logged about 900 miles now in 2 years. Couldn't have done it without Tony!
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Hello from da U.P. Eh!

Ya Der!

I spent four years buried up there at Michigan Tech. Loved up there. :flowerforyou:
  • Hello all,

My name is Michael. I am excited to be a part of this p90x3 group! I am finishing up my first week now and loving it! I am 30yrs old and just wanting to be more fit and healthier overall. I have completed the original p90x program about 2 yrs ago, but have gained some weight back since. I did take up running which I love, but I do not nearly run as much as I wish I could (work, wife, life, etc..) p90x3 is perfect as far as time/results, though it has only been a week. Which leads me to why I joined the group! I hope to complete the program, stay motivated, and meet people as well!
  • marisct8
    marisct8 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi all,

I am new to the MFP groups :). I have mostly been using for tracking food, and lately not even for that, but it's time to take control again.

I am a working mother of two gorgeous boys (5 &2). I gained 60lbs with my first kid and lost them with a low calorie diet, tae bo, and by starting to run. The 2nd one, I gained 80lbs. I have done a couple of Jillian Michaels workouts, turbo fire, T25, and increased my running - I just completed my first half maraton. I still have about 25lbs to lose, but my goal right now is to lose inches and fat that's the reason I went for P90X3. I'm joining this group because I don't know anybody else doing it and would love to have the support.

My biggest struggle is maintaining a healthy diet, or even staying within my macros. This is my first week of p90x3 and I have improved my diet and I finally saw a lose, but it is so easy to cheat. I want to stay accountable.
  • Hi all,

I am new to the MFP groups :). I have mostly been using for tracking food, and lately not even for that, but it's time to take control again.

I am a working mother of two gorgeous boys (5 &2). I gained 60lbs with my first kid and lost them with a low calorie diet, tae bo, and by starting to run. The 2nd one, I gained 80lbs. I have done a couple of Jillian Michaels workouts, turbo fire, T25, and increased my running - I just completed my first half maraton. I still have about 25lbs to lose, but my goal right now is to lose inches and fat that's the reason I went for P90X3. I'm joining this group because I don't know anybody else doing it and would love to have the support.

My biggest struggle is maintaining a healthy diet, or even staying within my macros. This is my first week of p90x3 and I have improved my diet and I finally saw a lose, but it is so easy to cheat. I want to stay accountable.

Welcome! I've done all those workouts too and added running just like you hoping it would help me lose all the weight I wanted to lose! I even did a marathon. What I found even after I got pretty close to my goal weight is that I needed to tone up a lot so that is why I went with P90X3 too!! I think you are going to LOVE it!! It is different than those cardio heavy programs, but I am already seeing some results and feeling stronger everyday. 5 weeks ago I couldn't do one real pushup and now I can do about 15!!

Good luck and keep us posted on how it is going!
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Hello Everyone!!

My name is Leah! I currently live in England with my awesome (totally fit, hot) husband. We have no children, just one fur baby, Abby. I go to school full time and am working on a Bachelors Degree in Business, hoping to become an officer in the Medical Service Corps - USAF. My husband is active duty and an outstanding Airman. His fitness totally motivates me to become fit. We will be moving back to the U.S. this summer after three years in England and travelling Europe.

I just started P90x3 TODAY with total synergenics (classic, of course). I can't wait to improve my fitness and tone myself up, getting stronger and stronger. I fell off the wagon a little, but managed to not balloon up with the stresses school brings, not to mention husbands work.

I have joined this group for accountability. I WILL NOT QUIT!!