Welcome!

Options
alt1268
alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
Hi! Welcome everyone. My name is Anita. I thought I would introduce myself. I am 5'5 and currently 182lbs. depending on which scale I get on. (my new one or my old one) needless to say. My goal is to be between 130-135. I would love to get there in a year if possible.

Can you tell me about yourself and your goal?

Replies

• kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5'3" and my cw is 184. I joined MFP at 205,but my hw was almost 210. It seems crazy to even type that! My gw is 140-145. My reasons for losing: vanity, health,and fighting middle weight!
  • SarahMS79
    SarahMS79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi guys my name is Sarah. I've been every weight under the moon...the most I've ever weighed was 220. The smallest I remember being is 140. I joined MFP because I almost topped the scale at 200 pounds again. I lost my gallbladder last year due to extreme weight gain and weight loss. I've suffered from horrible heartburn and stomach ulcers...now my feet hurt sooo bad after a long shift at work. I've lost 5 pounds since I started MFP 2 week ago!!! I'm 34, 5'4 and currently 188 pounds. My goal is to get to 120 pounds by Christmas. I am so scared because I don't think I've ever weighed that little since I was in middle school.... I'm going to try my best though. I'm determined and nothing is going to stop me!
  • alt1268
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I certainly can understand that none of us expected to be here. But I'm glad we are here together.

I see that not everyone has joined the group yet. I hope they will by Monday. I have posted the first challenge. Haha!
    Any suggestions for challenges are welcome! I'm no expert, so I'm just making this up as I go..

There is one important thing I do want to talk about that I learned around mfp. You can not go by the calories set by mfp. We are all different ages, different weight, different height, and have different exercise abilities. So before we start can everyone go to-
    "Scooby tdee"
    Find their tdee and change their calories to what they should truly be taken in. Otherwise you will go into starvation mode and quite mfp because your hungry. Thanks
  • rcloyd5
    rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 5"2" and currently 182.8. My goal is 135. My highest weight has been 194. I lost 43 pounds last year and gained it all back by resorting to old habits. I am determined to take it off and keep it off. I love running and working out. Unfortunately, sometimes I make really good excuses not to stay active. I have 3 kids and work full time so I often make excuses of being tired and busy with my family. The truth is I know they are just excuses to make me feel better. I can make the time, and that is what I have started to do again. I am trying to eat as clean as possible and sharing that with the family only helps them be healthier as well. I struggle with eating healthy because I generally like to eat. My husband does not struggle with weight at all and loves to eat junk. My problem is I join him! I am grateful that he is doing his best to be supportive. However, it is nice to be part of a group that understands and is going through the same journey as me. I am hoping for support and would love to help give support as well! Let's do this!
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is misty I'm 30 years old 5'8 and currently weight 239 lbs. I started out at 320 lbs and have lost 81 lbs so far, 24 of those pounds while on mfp. I still have 69 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 170 lbs. I'm glad to be a member of this group and hope we can motivate each other to reach all of our goals .
  • alt1268
    Options
    Welcome
    It sounds like everyone has been doing quite well and has a good game plan. I'm glad we got a good support group.
  • rcloyd5
    rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I was wondering if we would like to check in weekly. Perhaps have weekly challenges to keep us updated. Let me know what you think.
  • alexk1394
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name's Alex i am 19 years old and my goal is to lose 52 lbs! I'm currently 238 lbs 6 foot tall long way to go but i'll achieve it!!! Really glad to be part of this group and hopefully we can all motivate each other to reach our goals!
  • alexk1394
    Options
    rcloyd5 that sound's like an amazing idea! I'm up for it :-D
  • alt1268
    Options
    I posted a challenge on a new thread for this week. Please take a look. I have several ideas for different challenges. But definitely, am up for all. Yes! on the weigh in! I also want to do monthly measurements, because sometimes we don't loose weight but we loose inches when we are exercising.
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm in... sounds good to me:smile:
  • alt1268
    Options
    If anyone wants to do week 2 challenge please post or let me know and I will post. But we need to post ASAP so we all can get on board tommorrow am.
  • alt1268
    Options
    We have had limited contact with members of the group even after messages were sent so I have opened the group up to the public.