New to Paleo and loving it so far :)

Options
tonyalenore
tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
Hi everyone, so glad I found this group.

I started eating more paleo the beginning of this year at the suggestion of my dermatologist. I have to say it feel so much better eating this way. It has really helped my skin as well, I suffer from eczema, and changing my diet has made a huge difference. Last weekend I was out of town at a dance competition for my daughter and had to eat 'normal' food for the weekend. I woke up on Monday and my eczema had flared up again after consistently getting better for the 3 weeks before that. That really made me feel like I made a good choice and that it is worth it to stick with. Next time I'll be out of town in a couple months, I'll be sure to be prepared with a cooler full of food!

I still drink my morning coffee with soy creamer, but I plan on stopping that in the next few weeks :) didn't want to try to change everything and get overwhelmed and fail lol.

I drink milk or a protein shake occasionally, usually if I need more calories for the day. I try to get around 1800 a day. For meat I eat mostly seafood, but occasionally eat chicken.

I'd love some more paleo / primal friends, so please add me!

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and welcome
  • FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Good on you. When I eat better my whole life is better. Skin, energy, bloating, digestion, pain levels - everthing. I realised the key is preparation. Planning and prep, especially when busy, or when going away.
  • tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome :)

And yes I have found that preparation is the key to eating this way. I cook a really big meal every couple nights and save leftovers to bring to lunch at work.
  • 4bigeasy
    4bigeasy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have to have creamer in my coffee too. I gave up half and half for coconut creamer: 1 can of full-fat coconut milk, 1 pasteurized egg, 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil, and a dash of vanilla extract. Blend together (I use an immersion blender) and keep in the fridge for up to a week. I've grown to like this much better than dairy or anything else. Plus it's a tasty way to get good for you coconut oil. Yum!
  • pluckypaleo
    pluckypaleo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started out Paleo January 1st. I am very serious about it. The doctor told my husband he had to cut out gluten becasue it was causing issues with his organs. That was in early december. I started doing some serious research and fell in love with the paleo lifestyle. We are both doing great and love the way we feel. Welcome to what will probably be the best decision you make for your health! If you are looking for support, add me!