REACHING OUT TO OUR MEMBERS

Options
Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the life so many of you, have went after and succeeded in gaining!

I would like to formally introduce myself and give you a little background. I am Jena (pronounced Gina) I will be 42 this March and soon after will have WLS. I have not yet decided which procedure I am going to have. Currently I am enrolled in a 12 week class required by my insurance carrier and am enjoying it very much and gaining a wealth of information!

I have been on MFP since the summer of 2010 and basically have continued to roller coaster with weight (mostly an upward roller coaster:grumble: ).

About a year and a half ago I ran into an old co worker who was a few weeks out from Sleeve and she started telling me about it. I did the research and after letting other people talk me out of it for a year I decided, after speaking with my doctor, that I needed to do what I thought was best for ME, regardless of what others felt about it.

I also decided to create a new profile with new friends who are on the same path as I am now on and it has been AWESOME!
Having people actually comment on your accomplishments and support me again was just what I needed! And seeing all of their accomplishments is nothing short of inspiring! I once again :heart: My Fitness Pals!

Some of you may have noticed I have also been added as a Administrator/Moderator for this group. I hope I can do what our founder risskie has trusted me to do and bring a new found energy to this group of fabulous people. You have taken back control of your lives! And I have found so many of you are willing to help others do the same with your stories, ideas and advice.

I have started reaching out to members of the group(through private messages) who have not been on MFP in the past 2-3 months. Basically just asking them how they are doing and reminding them to reach out to our group for support, if they are in need.

I do understand that this surgery is a tool and people will still have ups and downs and that's why I feel this group is a great source of support to all of its members. I would LOVE to see a lot less RED under Last Logged In! Hopefully we as a group can make this a goal in the new year.

Maybe some of you would be so kind as to go through our members list and maybe reach out to them through private message. Sometimes just knowing someone cared enough to just simply say hello and inquire how they are, is enough to get them back on track! And it would make this group of over 1600 members a force to be reckoned with!

If you have any ideas you would like to share with Risskie or myself please don't hesitate to message one of us.
Of course if you'd like to add me as a friend I have made my new profile and friends list a WLS friendly place and have only friends who have gone through the surgery or are on their way like me! I know not everyone on MFP is so supportive of this and right now well frankly I don't care what they think! I am doing the work and the research and am participating whole heartedly in my class! Their opinion is not needed and any negativity about MY decision is not welcome. That's just how I feel about it.

To all the newest members of Gastric Bypass/Lap Band WELCOME!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
We are so glad to have you! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for reading folks!
Jena

Replies

• stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Love your enthusiasm Jena. :heart:

Thanks for your efforts in making sure this stays an active support group!
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    TO THE BEST WLS GROUP on all of myfitnesspal! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PLEASE put your fingers to the keyboard and welcome Jena as co-moderator for our 1600+ member group!:drinker:

What a breath of fresh air she will be for our group!! Jena has so many fun ideas and possess a strong desire to support the membership with all things WLS related. I encourage you all to welcome Jena and to continue to post questions and to support those who need a boost or an answer/suggestion. Feel free to share your OWN personal WLS experience. We need you and we want you ! :love:

We are a HUGE group - but only 25% of us post on a regular basis. It's certainly ok to look, read and ponder but we challenge you to 'kick it up' and POST -> :happy:

Help this group become the best....better than all the rest! :flowerforyou:

Risskie (Christine) :heart:
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I can attest that Jena is awesome! Great to see someone so supportive and motivational. Love this group and it is helping me so much as I prepare for surgery.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I can attest that Jena is awesome! Great to see someone so supportive and motivational. Love this group and it is helping me so much as I prepare for surgery.
    www thank you sweetie :heart:
    I am so glad you're here and I am excited to be on this journey with you!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Love your enthusiasm Jena. :heart:

Thanks for your efforts in making sure this stays an active support group!

We're all in this together! And look at you about to hit 100!! YAY!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • gramsoffive
    Options
    Welcome, Jena! This site certainly has offered me lots of encouragement and advice. Even if I don't always comment, I do read what others are writing. It is very helpful.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Welcome, Jena! This site certainly has offered me lots of encouragement and advice. Even if I don't always comment, I do read what others are writing. It is very helpful.
    Thank You for being an awesome member!:flowerforyou:
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU and Welcome!