10 + 10 + 10

Options
Just wanted to get some feedback on how everyone is doing! I'm REALLY struggling with L2. I took a rest day (01/21) and then did L1 instead of L2 (01/22) because I wanted to punch my TV after the thought of doing planks that night. lol

When you take a rest day, what day do start with next? Are you guys keeping even with the group or doing 10 full days of the exercise? I lost track, so I made an index card with numbers 1 - 10 on it and after I do L2, I cross a number off. I'll be doing 10 full days of L2, but am not keeping even with everyone anymore. (Just finished Day 4 of L2)

I do LOVE reading all our posts though! It really inspires me to push through the pain! I absolutely love when we give each other tips and encouragement when we post how we are struggling with a certain exercise or muscle ;-) Cheers to everyone and our steps to a SHREDDED body!

Replies

• TseliB
    TseliB Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think most people are going at their own pace. I am doing 10 straight days of each level and a rest day before beginning the next one. Jillian recommends that you actually do 2 days 30DS, 1 day straight cardio, anyway - so I would just continue counting after your rest day/alternate exercise days, instead of starting from scratch.

Personally, I intend to do the programme again later in the year, so just doing my best now - even if one day is not so good or I can't push as hard, I'll keep going.

I am finding level 2 challenging too, but I do take breaks when I need to (I aim for 3 sec max) and follow Anita til I feel strong enough to try Natalie's moves. I find that I'm improving a lot every day - but different things feel more difficult on different days. Weird.
  • SharkBaitRachy
    SharkBaitRachy Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was starting to think about what to do after 30 days. I see **A LOT** of people are doing T25. IDK yet. I have exercise ADHD so I need to keep inspired and challenged.

As for the pain, I am the same way. I think when one muscle group hurts, I focus harder on another exercise and then hurt those the next day lol. Then again, some days when I have extra time, like today, and I do two workouts. I did Day 14 this AM and just did Level 1 b/c my baby was sleeping and I was bored. I can't believe what a cake walk L1 was at this point lol.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Today will be my day5 of level 2. I took 2 rest days in level one, because I got sick. I picked up and finished where I left off. (So it took me 12 days). So far on this level, I'm not feeling a rest day. So, I'll just keep on a going. Even if I really hate Jillian right about now. LOL
  • TseliB
    Options
    Thanks! I was starting to think about what to do after 30 days. I see **A LOT** of people are doing T25. IDK yet. I have exercise ADHD so I need to keep inspired and challenged. .

I was thinking of doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 after this and maybe some other 30 day thing afterwards (another JM programme perhaps?). I'm just starting out with my weightloss and my plan is to stick to something very structured (and possibly a bit boring/annoying, lol) for the first three months while I get to grips with my eating plan.
    I just know I'll be so disappointed if I can't find another great group like this to do the programmes with :sad:

ETA: I actually started in Oct, but gave up & recommitted at beginning of Jan.
  • calicutie05
    calicutie05 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    id like to do Ripped in 30 after this as well!

Right now im pushing myself to do the 10 straight days of each level with a rest day in betweeen. I'm also doing leslie sansone Walk at home type workouts. I wanted to get more cardio in but low impact because of all of the jumping with Jillian. on my rest days i just do Leslie.

I dunno about you ladies but im addicted to seeing a high amount of calories that i've "earned" to eat although i usually dont eat them back. its nice to know at the end of the day if im still hungry i can have something good without worrying about fitting in my alotted calories....
  • S4llyF
    S4llyF Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We definitely need to have an "after" place to go... Even if we continue to post on here...
    I pulled my calf on day 8 of level 1 so got 2 days behind because I rested for 2 days,,, also completed day 4 level 2 today... Loving it ....

Never heard of ripped in 30 but will go with the flow... I had considered the insanity DVDs...
  • S4llyF
    Options
    What is T25 IDK?
  • jbuc07
    Options
    *I'M* planning on doing RI30 after this!! I plan to start the next day! So finish day 30, then Start RI30. I definitely think we should just roll this group right on over!!! I'm starting a running plan too. Today was my first day. I'm a little sore, but it should pass. We'll see what tomorrow brings. But, I'm so excited to see that y'all are doing the same plan as me!! Who's up for rolling the group over?? Are y'all wanting to start immediately also? (I have a "deadline" in March LOL) Let me know what y'all think.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I want to do Ripped in 30 after this, too, although I might take some time off in between. (Probably not more than a week... I have an event). I would love to either continue to post here, or start another group. You all's comments have been very motivating to me!
  • jbuc07
    Options
    I agree! I love all the comments and motivation!! It really does help push me along! I guess I'll just keep posting here! Still have 14 days (13 after today's workout) left and it'll be on to RI30!
  • SharkBaitRachy
    Options
    That's awesome! Love this group! I'm all for rolling this over into a R30!!! Excellent! I am on Amazon and in JM overload with all her workouts!

S4llyF, this is T25. http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/focus-t25-workout.do?e=165830
    It's by Shaun T, the creator of the insanity workouts, but this one is 25 min long
  • TseliB
    Options
    Awesome!!! Let's do it! No need to start a new group, me thinks. This is gonna be awesome. I'm also doing 10 straight days on each 30DS Level, with a rest day in between. Just completed day 17. Gonna start RI30 on 'day 32' - if that makes sense? Lol
  • jbuc07
    Options
    Yep, starting on day 32 makes sense to me! I'll have to start on 31 if I want to finish in time! LOL. Hopefully there won't be any rest days. I'm feeling really good today. I love how the workouts make me feel after! 13 more days, then it's hello RI30!
  • SharkBaitRachy
    Options
    Awesome!!! Let's do it! No need to start a new group, me thinks. This is gonna be awesome. I'm also doing 10 straight days on each 30DS Level, with a rest day in between. Just completed day 17. Gonna start RI30 on 'day 32' - if that makes sense? Lol

I think I should be caught up by then! I finished D16 today.

I just bought some JM DVDs on Amazon before my Prime membership is up, so I am READY for switching things up in 2014! JM: Ripped in 30, Shred it with Weights, Shed & Shred and 6 week six-pack. Body suicide? Nah, FAT SUICIDE! :laugh:
  • TseliB
    Options
    Haha! Fat Suicide! I love it.
  • alli4795
    alli4795 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in for Ripped in 30 after this...I actually went to pick up the DVD yesterday but they were all sold out. I will make sure to have it ready for "day 32"

Thanks everyone - this has been really great!!
  • S4llyF
    Options
    I'm in too :):)
    Thanks for the T25 link - will check it out when not at work :D

I think I am going to take it a little slower, doing workouts Monday to Friday only !! Then apart from anything else I know where I am at !!!
    I finish level 2 on Friday - so then will measure and start 3 on Monday !!!
    When do the rest of you finish 2??
  • TseliB
    Options
    I will be doing the last level 2 day on Thursday, so not too far ahead of you Sally. Well, except of course for the fact that I'm halfway across the world, so my Thursday actually starts in the middle of your Wednesday night :laugh: