hi I am new

Options
nonni99
nonni99 Posts: 3 Member
My name is Diane. I am just trying new things. I have ALOT of health issues. I also have not left my house for 15 years only when I had no choice! But getting medical help now. Have not been real social so this is very hard but a first step for me. Also hard to admit I need to lose about 200 lbs. Thanks for reading...

Replies

• arctvc
    arctvc Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Diane,

Welcome I'm Carla glad to have you on our group. What you will find is a very supportive group of women who have many goals. many challenges just like you. We are here to listen, to encourage, to help with a word or two.

If you like you can friend me. Good luck on this journey you're about to take.
  • C1131
    C1131 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Diane! New beginnings are always hard and we're all just trying to figure this out, one day at a time! Glad you decided to join us here.

Let us know how we can help, even it it's just to say 'hi'.

Gail
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome Diane. The first step is the hardest, but you have made it in the right direction. :flowerforyou:
  • dkkelder
    Options
    Hello Diane,
    I am new to this board as well. I am thankful to find a group of people who are going through similar issues and being pro active about it.
    Deb K
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, First steps are always the hardest aren't they? But the journey is always easier when you have someone walking alongside you. Keep plugging away at it. Keep working on that social part too, if you've been hidden away for so long it can be hard and very intimidating to be relational. If I let myself I would just be a hermit, but I know that's not healthy so I do my best to interact with more than just my family. :) Welcome.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Hello, Diane. Glad you have decided to join us. Change is hard. I know all about that! Good Luck to you.

Lisa
  • sjsmith9
    sjsmith9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello Diane and welcome. Sometimes the smallest steps will get you the farthest. MFP tracking will help you along the way. You will find this group to be very supportive. Good luck and Happy New You!:smile:
  • Frmvt
    Frmvt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, what a great first step you have taken. Congratulations and a big cyber hug to you.
  • laughingladyb
    laughingladyb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane, I am also new. I just started this adventure yesterday. :)

Belinda
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome ladies :smile:
  • karleigh55
    Options
    Hi Diane,

I've been of MTP for a while but just started getting serious and joined this group recently. It is wonderful and I get on here after dinner - it keeps me away from snacking. There isn't anything embarrassing about admitting how much weight you want to lose and you should be extremely proud of yourself for putting it out there. I lost 100 pounds seven years ago and have put back on 30 and I know it doesn't sound like much but I am afraid of getting back to where I was. I love food and have used it like a drug in the past. So glad you have joined. Feel free to friend me if you would like to. Lots of luck to you. Karyn
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I know all about using food as a drug...........

Hi Diane,

I've been of MTP for a while but just started getting serious and joined this group recently. It is wonderful and I get on here after dinner - it keeps me away from snacking. There isn't anything embarrassing about admitting how much weight you want to lose and you should be extremely proud of yourself for putting it out there. I lost 100 pounds seven years ago and have put back on 30 and I know it doesn't sound like much but I am afraid of getting back to where I was. I love food and have used it like a drug in the past. So glad you have joined. Feel free to friend me if you would like to. Lots of luck to you. Karyn
  • staceysmomm
    Options
    Hi Diane.... I'm new too... just started MFP on January 1st. and just joined this group yesterday. I figured it would be helpful along the way if I could talk to people who are going through the same thing I am going through. Good luck to all of us. :smile:
  • Kanndj
    Kanndj Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Diane,

I am new to MFP and the group as of this month. I am having a tough time just doing that first exercise or logging my food for one day. Change is quite hard. I also have a family member with social anxiety. She seems to do much better with social media than "out of the house" social situations. I hope you will soon feel comfortable here. Sending a friend request.
  • suemichele
    suemichele Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ladies!

Good luck to both of you. This is a great group to be in! Add me as a friend if you would like to!
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Diane,

The journey of 1,000 miles begins with that first step. Welcome aboard! And I see you have already lost 18 whole pounds! That in itself is quite an accomplishment....I know!

One day at a time......