lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
The best site I've found so far is this one:

http://www.pcosdietsupport.com/the-best-pcos-diet/

Replies

• julieferg7
    julieferg7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the book, Deep Nutrition by Dr Catherine Shanahan. It can be wordy at times about the concept of beauty and is scientific at others, but she really explains the effect of sugar and carbs on the body down to the effect it has on how our DNA behaves and manifests and the DNA of our children for those TTC. She also gives suggestions and guidelines on how and what to eat. The book is a real eyeopener!

On amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Deep-Nutrition-Your-Genes-Traditional-ebook/dp/B004XQVKYM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390755747&sr=8-1&keywords=deep+nutrition

The author has a website that summarizes the concepts in the book: www.drcate.com
    She talks a lot about how to reverse metabolic imbalances.

I apologize if I appear preachy, but her info really has helped me out immensely and I hope it helps you folks too! :)
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    The best PCOS website I have found is called SoulCysters.com. IT's a message board that includes links to so much information, medical journals, personal stories, etc. I don't really post on there, but it's been a great resource.

I read a book called Freedom from PCOS. I have the kindle book and might be able to lend it if you also have kindle/kindle app. She recommends eating very clean and organic. I flat out can't afford all organic foods especially meats. But it's worth a read. The section on exercise is eye opening. Fighting insulin resistance and PCOS takes a different kind of exercise plan. She says it's important to alternate intense workouts with lighter longer ones. So only do the high impact cardio a few times a week and the rest of the week do things like walking that will keep your heart rate up and your body moving, but won't make you breathe very hard. And exercise should really be daily. No complete days 'off.' I wish I was able to stick to a routine like this!