Introductions?

Options
Hi! I'm Kim. I live in Ft Lauderdale and I'm psyched about having some buddies to kick my butt. I'm doing a 6 week master blaster to get ready for an important trip for work in March (think: stage, 1500 audience members, and no unsightly panty lines!!). I have several mini-goals set and I'm headed to Whole Foods today to stock up on my favorite healthy foods. I joined Orange Theory Fitness but my location doesn't open until April 1 so I'm going to be pulling some other older workout CD's from my arsenal to do until then. Happy Losing, everyone!

Replies

• Mandilynnr
    Options
    Hey Kim! Thanks for starting the introductions. Its great to meet you on here and I hope that you hit your goals prior to your work function and stage appearance. My name is Amanda, I believe that 2 are better than 1 and having accountability with others really helps propel you to success. My goal is to lost 13 pounds and I really really want to see definition in my stomach, thats my biggest problem area that I want to improve. I look forward to getting to know everyone here in this group, lets reach our goals!

Amanda
  • CoachScottRN
    Options
    I am Scott. I am happy to be a member of this group. Seems like I have always been on a diet. I really have no choice at this time. I have already lost 15 lbs so from here on in, my weight loss will be slow. I did not start exercising since Christmas because my daughter asked me for my gameroom for Christmas. She wanted me to make it her bedroom with a Paris theme. I accomplished the goal by Christmas but her old room is now my work out room and its full of boxes. I may not get it all cleaned out today but I will make it so I can get to my Livestrong Cycle. I am comitted to riding it 4 times a week, but I hope I can do it daily. Plan on a little light weight work also. I have quite a bit of arthritis in my shoulders and I must take it easy. Eventually my goal is to start doing the Beach Body DVDS. I have several of them. They are just too hard for me at this point. I am a RN and have a Dietitian helping me with my diet. So far I have been more aggressive than she would like. I look forward to being in this group through the month of February. I am very excited. Ill probably be the Old Man of the group. I am 55 years old, but still think Im 20. My hobbies are Travel, Music, Cooking, Socializing, Outdoors, Camping, Backpacking, White Water, Boating, Golf, Cycling, and working on my Lake Cabin as time permits. Planning to Vacation in Vegas this summer. My wife wants us to hike down into the Grand Canyon. That will take a lot of preparation from both of us.
    Take care and I look forward to getting to know all of you....All the Best....Scott
  • Luxleo
    Luxleo Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, everyone! :) I'm new to this website, but I am determined to reach my weight loss goals over the course of this year. I'm going to try to lose a minimum of 8 pounds in February. I am 18 years old and a freshman in college. I plan on working out 30-60 minutes a day, four days a week (as my school has a gym). I've also been making better choices. Like, I LOVE cheese. But I've left cheese alone for about a week so far. :) And I've been drinking no drinks other than water. No candy and no junk food. I've been reallly moody because of it, but I know it'll pass. xD Nice to meet you all!
  • CoachScottRN
    Options
    Stick with it. With the drop in calories and carbs your body goes through a hangover of type. Last Monday and Tuesday was hell for me. After that I have felt wonderful. I think your doing great making a few changes here and there. Before Christmas I dropped all sodas, anything white, and no sugar. I was not compliant during the Holidays and gained several back. Complex Carbs and Protein is what I'm eating now .I am drinking skim milk but trying to stay away from cheese (my favorite thing in the world). No Alcohol either. Good luck. you will feel better soon.
  • Luxleo
    Luxleo Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks, Scott! :) (Yay, a fellow cheese fan. :D) I've read that the first two weeks are the worst. I've never gotten past 4 days of this lifestyle change until now. I'm about a week in so far. :D Yeeeah, the holidays are tough! I find that I'm getting better with my cravings but as soon as I smell good food, my appetite kicks in. It sucks, but I've resisted. Good luck to you as well.
  • Shahelene
    Shahelene Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody Im Helena and I am a couple days new here. I am really determined to get eating well down to a science but to eventually not deprive myself of all foods. I have a really hard time staying away from drinks hi in sugar and love love love sweet tea. I am currently trying to lose 50 pounds that I have gained over a period of time starting last spring. I want the obvious of looking good for the summer but I also want to feel amazing.
  • Mandilynnr
    Options
    Hey Everyone who introduced themselves above! I am so glad you have joined the group and I look forward to hearing about your great progress in your journey. What is one thing you can do this week to really make a difference in your fitness program or nutrition? Can you cut out soda? Bread? Sugar? Can you exercise for at least 30 minutes a day? Can you push a little harder in your workouts to you actually break a sweat? Can you drink more water? Can you make sure your portion sizes are not huge? You can do this, lets make it a great week. !!!! Amanda :)
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sarah. I have 22 pounds (10 kg) to lose. but more importantly muscle definition and losing my tummy to fit the recommended Australian guidelines. So if I don't make it down to 22 pounds exactly but I look healthy, then I won't be too worried. I also want to make fitness as part of a routine. I'm generally a healthy eater. I've seen some shifts lately by upping my swimming and walking. by February I want to be confident in doing a couch to 5k.
  • Mandilynnr
    Options
    Hey Sarah, nice to meet you! What is your plan to lose the 22 pounds?
  • janellmcintosh34
    janellmcintosh34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have been actively using MFP for about a month. For the first time in my life I am seriously tracking what I eat and making better choices. I was an athlete my whole life until almost 4 years ago when I found out I was expecting my first child. My activity level went way down from there. I work full time and devote every spare moment to my family. Our second child is now 10 months old and I have realized that I need to take care of myself or I won't be around to love on them. So, now that I am eating better(and not sabbotaging my workout efforts), I want to commit to working out and really making a change. Right before my first pregnancy, I was doing P90X and was in the best shape of my life. I am going to begin using those DVD's again (not at full intensity, yet, but I will get there) and , hopefully, regain part of the athlete I used to be. I would like to lose 30 pounds total, but my goal for February will be about 12 pounds. I look forward to starting this journey with all of you and I thank you in advance for the accountability...it's appreciated!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    my plan to lose the weight is to consistently work out 6 days a week, no matter what the type of exercise at this stage. Coz it's hot, I will probably be swimming a lot. feel free to friend me on mfp to keep each other accountable!

I'm doing a fundraising event for breast cancer in march, as my grandma got cancer last year (she's recovered remarkably well). it's 6 hours fitness - incl. by biggest loser, so I want to be as fit as possible for then!! So I'm guessing cardio will help me best with this endurance. After this event, I should have lots of ideas for improving core body and strength training.

I do have access to a gym and housemates go for walks/runs too. One of my friends is a marathon runner, but I might wait to join her to learn to run in wintertime.