Recent doctor's visit...

Options
I am 25lbs overweight and found out I have PCOS. I'm scared I'll be infertile. I want kids. I just got married last week and was saddened by this news. My goal is to eat right and continue going to the gym and losing this extra weight so I can start trying to have a baby in 6 months. Only my best friend and husband know I have PCOS. I joined this group in hopes for some support. Please add me as a friend and help motivate me!!! Thank you in advance!

Replies

• lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on the wedding! I feel the same as you and am trying to lose the weight so I can have a baby in a year, maybe 2. Here to support you all the way and thanks for the friend request :)
  • RobynUnfiltered
    RobynUnfiltered Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Having a baby will be harder but not impossible. There are many things they can do to help you on the road to motherhood. I had 3 kids with PCOS including a set of twins, just be healthy and don't stress too much an it will happen. I didn't do any fertility treatments for the twins, they just kind of happened :) did some for the first one and then got preggers when I gave it up and learned to relax. Just be happy and enjoy your marriage is the best advice I have for you
  • ChelleSC
    Options
    As the other ladies have said focus on being healthy. That means staying away from sugar and processed junky carbohydrates for me and a lot of people with PCOS. Are you thinking of starting a family soon? For me it was important to find the right doctor who was supportive, non-judgmental and knew about treating the PCOS. At 25lbs over weight you are most likely in a good place. I was always around 20lbs overweight. Then I suddenly blew up to 70 over because I didn't know about my PCOS. You know before things have gotten out of control. So, you can do it!
  • ecarrasco100
    Options
    Thank y'all for the support!!