Weekend challenge # 2, burn 800 calories

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
Weekend is here again rather quickly! I am posting the challenge to burn 800 calories over this weekend. We had burnt 6700 cals as a group last weekend but I think we can do better than that and should be able to burn 10000 cals on this weekend. Come on everyone try to be active over the weekend so you can afford more cals to eat as well.

Depending on the performance of the group I am suggesting that each month cals burning target should be increased by 100 i.e it will 900 be cals during February and 1000 cals during March. Afterall we are here to get fitter and lose pounds and this gradual increase is important and will help us in achieving that goal.

Replies

• doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Time to get burnin' folks..get 'er done!!
  • jacksprat
    jacksprat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I burned 593 calories, I walked for one hour and my pace was primarily between 3.8 and 4.5. I feel wonderfully exhausted vibrant at the same time. It feels good that I don't have a heavy challenge for tomorrow. I did not loose a full pound this week but I did loose.
  • JulieB_MN
    JulieB_MN Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll give this a try. Is it for just Sat. and Sun or Friday Sat and Sunday? Today was treadmill for 35 minutes. 3.8-4.1 6.0 incline. 355 calories.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Started. I did some Leslie Sansone for 384 cals. Gonna try to get in some DDPYoga or more Leslie later to get more in. I'm ON it this weekend! Let's go, guys!
  • umer76
    Options
    The challenge is for Saturday and Sunday only.

I have burnt 530 cals today and will do the remaining tomorrow.
  • JulieB_MN
    Options
    Ok thanks for the info Umer. I went to the Mall and walked for 60 minutes. Burned another 210 calories So I am up to 565 for today)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Did Leslie Sansone again for another 648 cals. That's 1032 so far for the weekend, so I'm over as of right now...WOOT!!!!

Maybe we should have a calorie burn challenge every day (not so high on the weekdays of course). That might motivate those of us with motivation issues to push a little more.
  • JulieB_MN
    Options
    Another 375 this morning:) I have 940 total for the weekend. Today isn't over yet though:)
  • JulieB_MN
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge:)
  • jacksprat
    Options
    I burned 216 cal in 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill for a total of 809. If it were not for the challenge I would not have done it, thanks to all of you for the motivation.
  • doin_it
    Options
    total burn this weekend 1129
  • umer76
    Options
    303 cals burnt on Sunday. Total cals burn for the weekend 833. Forgot to post this yeaterday.
  • jacksprat
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone else has this problem, when I participate in the weekend challenge (twice so far) I weigh myself and have lost two to three pounds. It is exciting because I am working hard at this (right now). But come Monday morning my weight goes back up, sometimes more than it was on Friday. I am not discouraged, I just don't record the weight loss over the weekend. But when the Monday weight is higher than the Friday weight that is a problem. I started only recording my weight once a week and that helps but the total weight loss is now lower than before I was participating in the weekend challenges. I am telling myself that in the long run it is going to work out but right now I am sceptical. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • doin_it
    Options
    I have been having the exact same problem for a while and it gets frustrating! I had Monday set as my weigh in day but it seems that is the day that my weight is always at its highest. Doesn't make sense to me either.
  • umer76
    Options
    I have got nothing to do with it:bigsmile: I can suggest you can make Friday as weigh day.