Week 2 Weigh In (27 January - 2 February)

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi there Challengers!!

if you are starting the challenge late and only just filled your statistics in the INTRODUCTION thread, you might want to give this thread a miss, and start your updates next week. It's entirely up to you.

I generally do my weight and measurements on a Saturday morning (day after a rest day and before the gym). OR if you want to do a monthly weigh in, then you might only want to fill in your update in weeks 4, 8 and 12. Again, entirely up to you.

For those updating - just copy the text below, post a reply and fill in the blanks.

I honestly believe that weight loss is NOT just about the number on the scale, it's about having the right mental attitude as well, so please remember to read your goals and affirmations EVERY DAY to remind yourself why you are doing this! I've included some extra questions below, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to - but keeping a positive focus and congratulating yourself for the small things that you do every week is a good way to keep the ball rolling and progressing to your end point.

Achieve your nutrition and fitness goals every day and you WILL reach your 12 week goal. Start with the end in mind!!

flowerforyou

* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * -

Name:
Challenge Starting Weight:
Goal Weight:

Today's Weight:
Weight loss this week:

Today's Measurements:
Bicep:
Chest:
Waist:
Hips:
Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known):
Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you kick this week?

How do you feel?

List 3 things you are grateful for?

What are you going to improve on next week?

Progress photos (optional)

Replies

• SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Name: Skim
    Challenge Starting Weight: 62.5
    Goal Weight: 58

Today's Weight: 65.2 (not too happy about that)
    Weight loss this week: gained almost 3kg.

Today's Measurements: didn't do them this week, my stomach is bloated still having all sorts of issues from my wheat binge this week and I'm pretty sure my thighs have gotten fatter in the last 2 weeks as well. I'm going to measure every 4 weeks for this challenge. I'm definitely fatter around my waist and hips, I can feel it in my clothes.

What goals did you kick this week? Did a PR for squats yesterday (50kg); shoulder press (20kg) and bench press (40kg). So even though my diet has been terrible, I've done well at the gym!

How do you feel? Still beating myself up a bit after my binge and breakdown this week, but feeling better and at least I'm getting to the bottom of some emotional stuff so I'm really going to concentrate on getting that right over the next 10 weeks as well as my physical goals.

1. My BFF who has been through similar self discovery processes and doesn't BS me but gets down and dirty in the ditch and then helps me out, no idea what I would do without her.
    2. Ex#2 (I know that seems strange) but without him dishing out his particular form of BS - I wouldn't have realised that a lot of this was going on in my head - so he's once again given me the opportunity to grow. *kitten*.
    3. All the MFPeeps who have been SO kind and supportive this week when I was just hitting the bottom of the binge barrel and the aftermath. Thanks guys :heart:

What are you going to improve on next week? I am NOT going to binge at night. I am going to STOP myself, even if it means going to bed at 8pm. I probably need the sleep anyway.
  • tanyatabone9
    tanyatabone9 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good on you Skim, you really are an inspiration. Not only in your achievements so far but in your strength.

I lost only 200g this week, and have a lot to lose. I did lose a significant amount by measurements, especially from my thighs. I don't think I am measuring properly though, because they really go up and down.

Part. This week. Last week
    Neck. 39. 40
    Waist 113. 112
    Hips. 152. 150
    Thigh. 66. 83
    Bicep. 41. 42
    Chest. 134. 134
    Lower arm. 28
    Shin. 47

I will have to look at my post to see if the shin and arm dropped, for some reason I didn't record it.

My personal NSV for the week is that I walked into my bosses office and told them that I wasn't happy with my job. This means, through the technicality that I am on secondment and my old role is redundant, that I am looking at (fingers crossed) a redundancy package. If that works out, I will be studying and finishing my degree, then doing a post grad masters of teaching for secondary school. I have always wanted to do that but have avoided it because I felt this need to make loads of money and to HAVE everything and provide everything for my family. Now I feel like I have finally chosen a path that will nourish our souls instead of our bank accounts and I feel better than ever. My family are worried about my money and I am worried about living a student life for a couple of years (beans and rice it is), but I have this certainty deep down for the first time that this is right for me.

I have to wait until not this week but next week to see if my redundancy is approved. Until then, my goals are pretty simple. Stay under calorie goal for the week, by staying under every day. I want to do 8000 steps every day at a minimum. I have to walk every day for half an hour. For my physical and emotional health this week!

Edit - I haven't really followed the format properly here, will edit a bit, hard on iPhone.

Grateful for - my beautiful partner who is having her own challenges and dealing with them
    In new ways
    My freedom to make choices about my future
    And hey, why not, grateful for our beautiful land!

Now I'm off to the beach to see my favourite family for Australia Day. 'Ave a good one fellow strayans!
  • _J_en
    _J_en Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 92 kg
    Goal Weight: 84kg / 60kg long term

Today's Weight: 91kg
    Weight loss this week: 1kg LOSS!!! yay :blushing:

Today's Measurements: Also didn't measure these this week

What goals did you kick this week? Started logging again and was walking a lot more and made my 10k steps more

How do you feel? I feel like there's still a long way to go, but happy that I've at least started

1. MFP/Skim/MFPals - Skim for starting the challenge and for my MFPals for the encouragement
    2. A particular close friend who was helped me put things into perspective

What are you going to improve on next week? I was doing well, then let a slip up become more. So next week will improve on limiting the damage of small issues. Better portion control
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Name: Lou
    Challenge Starting Weight: 65.5
    Goal Weight: 60

Today's Weight: 64.8 (yeh)
    Weight loss this week: 700grams

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you kick this week? Snacking at night, only did it 2 nights out of the 7 and way less than would normally eat.

How do you feel? Great, except for the fact that I did have Pepsi max (which I haven't had for ages) and way to much sugar last night. Had a horrible nights sleep last night.

List 3 things you are grateful for? Family, friends and life. ( and off course you guys)

What are you going to improve on next week? Still concentrating on the night snacking.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Name: Donna
    Challenge Starting Weight: 77.5
    Goal Weight: 72

Today's Weight: 76.9
    Weight loss this week: 600g

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 25
    Chest: 90/107
    Waist: 90/102
    Hips: 99
    Thigh: 51

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 39.7Goal Body Fat %: 39.6

What goals did you kick this week? Got back in to gym after having 10 days off with people here from all over the world - felt so good!

How do you feel? Great but less fit than I did 3 weeks ago!

List 3 things you are grateful for? Being alive, my incredible friends and family who travelled so far to celebrate my birthday with me, laughter!

What are you going to improve on next week? Since I had a few weeks off I aim to get to the gym more often this week including back to pump.
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Name: Allie
    Challenge Starting Weight: 94.1kg
    Goal Weight: 89kg

Today's Weight: 92.9kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.2kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 35cm
    Chest: 106cm
    Waist: 97cm
    Hips: 114cm
    Thigh: 63cm

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 38.5
    Goal Body Fat %: it was 36.9 (but I passed that already - so I'm making it 35
    Curent Body Fat %: 36.7%

This week was a kick *kitten* week for me.. I attacked this challenge with my all..
    - I called in a Personal Trainer to start going over my program,
    - I saw a Gastroenterologist to get my stomach function checked.
    - I made a great effort at keeping my Nett Calories at 1200 with daily exercise and smart food choices
    - I fit into size16 skinny jeans

AND.. I completed a 5k (I walked it) but I actually did the whole event :)

How do you feel?
    I'm feeling good.. sore as hell after yesterdays walk... but thats just more muscle building!

I'm grateful for friends that travel from interstate to come walk with me.
    and Friends on here that like my achievements.. and make me want more likes :)

I'm going to try and walk 5km on the treadmill this week.. and build up my stamina.

<
    its not a progress pic.. but its me in size16 skinny jeans walking 5km! its an achievement pic
  • SerenityNow76
    SerenityNow76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 81.5
    Goal Weight: 76 for this challenge, 60 long term

Today's Weight: 81 on Friday the 24th, scales this morning after an indulgent weekend was 81.5.
    Weight loss this week: 0 but I'm ok with that. I had lost 500g by Friday and suspect that the extra from the weekend is water weight and if it's not then I'm happy to have maintained over the weekend.

Today's Measurements: I have decided to take measurements every four weeks.
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you kick this week? I have reached my goal of 30 minutes exercise 5 times during the week and then some! Until the weekend I was staying withing my calorie goals. I have used this site to maintain motivation, especially exploring the podcast and links provided in Skim's thread.

How do you feel? Satisfied and happy. I know my journey to improve my health and fitness is going in the right direction.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My friends and family. Being able to go away for the weekend and make happy memories. Being able to have some indulgences over the weekend and not feel guilty, knowing that I am in a good state of mind to get back on the wagon today.

What are you going to improve on next week? Sleep, I am still struggling to get to bed and sleep at a reasonable time. I really need to establish a sleep routine and stick to it. I also intend to add a couple of short sprint sessions this week, Primal Blueprint style.

Have a good week everyone :-)
  • Flyer69
    Flyer69 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Name:Flyer69
    Challenge Starting Weight: 87.7
    Goal Weight: 79 (although over 12 weeks 82 might be more feasable)

Today's Weight:87.2
    Weight loss this week: 500 gram

Bicep: 32
    Chest:102
    Waist: 102
    Hips:97
    Thigh: 51

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 25.96%
    Goal Body Fat 24%: ??

What goals did you kick this week? Most of them

How do you feel? Besides current sore back, pretty good

• My wife and family
    • My health
    • Love of life

• Be a better communicator
    • Do something kind
  • lorelei68
    lorelei68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was a rough week. Still worked out, though it was to DVDs at home but am really missing the gym. Hoping to get back to it at least by mid-week. Temps should be back up into the mid-teens so I shouldn't be wimping out as much in the morning.

Ok, decided I wanted to see my progress each week so I went back to the Week 1 weigh in and did a copy/paste from there:

Starting Weight: 75kg
    Starting Date: 01/20/14
    Goal Weight: 70kg

Starting Measurements 1/17: 1/26:
    Bicep: 30.5 Bicep: 30.5
    Chest: 96.5 Chest: 96
    Waist: 82.5 Waist: 82.5
    Hips: 103 Hips: 100.5 (Yay!!!)
    Thigh: 61 Thigh: 58.5 (Yay, Yay!!!)

My Weight stayed the same this week. I had really only been stepping on a scale once every 3-4 weeks since I first
    joined MFP. I always felt that number can flux too much week to week depending on so many factors: sodium intake,
    time of the month (ugh, sorry guys), etc... I may only post that every few weeks.

Also, am going to wait a bit on recalculating the Body Fat... another one of those things where I really don't want to get too
    discouraged.
    Starting Body Fat % (if known): 27 (at least according to BMI-calclulator.net)
    Goal Body Fat %: 25 (for now...baby steps!)

This week my goal is to plan meals better than I did last week. I felt like I was playing "catch up" to get in my protein and
    decided well laid out meal plans are the key. This will also help with my second goal for this week: Reduce the amount of after
    dinner snacking. I was ending up protein & calorie low for the day so then would sneak in a snack to bring the numbers up.
    Definitely need to get away from that!

Thankful this week for my family (most of them) and friends (this includes ya'll here!) for the luv and support. Thankful that
    I really did not let stress get the best of me this week. Thankful that I kept the car insurance up to date on my son's car while he
    is away in the service as my car is in dire need of repairs. I know the last one isn't really related to the challenge but it really goes
    hand in hand with "thankful" #2!

Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Name:
    Challenge Starting Weight: 1161.1
    Goal Weight: 80kg, would love to lose 5 kilos for the challenge.

Today's Weight: 117.3 :(
    Weight loss this week: +1.2

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Goal Body Fat %:

What goals did you kick this week? I managed to drink at least 1.5-2 litres of water every day and made it to the gym 5 times.

How do you feel? Horrible, was really disappointed to see the gain, but today is a new day.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My family, my gym buddies who keep me going and just life in general.

What are you going to improve on next week? My food intake, I don't think I was eating enough, so have reset my calories and hopefully I will see a loss next week.
  • bird_3_lee
    bird_3_lee Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Name: bird_3_lee (Ricki-lee)
    Challenge Starting Weight: 79kg
    Goal Weight: 73kg

Today's Weight: 77.7kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.3kg

Measurements: I am only taking measurements monthly

Starting Body Fat % 26.6
    Goal Body Fat %: 22

I hit my exercise goals which were *1 hour walk daily. ( I had to do a couple of extra time a few days to make up for the day I lost from cutting my feet) *1 hour of swimming ( done in two 1/2hour sessions)
    *ran C25K 3 times (mon, thurs & sat)
    *avareged 15,651 steps a day (beat my goal of averaging 11,000)

How do you feel?
    I've been feeling sick for the last two days, worse today. As for my feelings about the TTTA challenge- I'm feeling pumped! :happy: I've had a great start & am pleased that even with Australia Day yesterday I not only managed a loss this week but a loss of over a kilo.

1). For finding MFP & its community it has made a fantastic change in my life
    2). For this beautiful summer
    3). for the ability to not only move but to enjoy doing it

No alcohol. No cutting my feet. Try to run a little faster
  • Danispen
    Danispen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Name: Danielle

I am doing monthly weighs and measures - does my head in to do them more often.

I went to the gym every day this past week (was aiming for 5 days), even on the first few days back at work which are long days.
    For the most I continued my healthy food choices (bad day out at the pub for Australia Day has to be excused - haha)

How do you feel?
    I felt in control and did not let external things over-power my commitment to myself

* my family
    * my zen friend who does every day with me
    * having a job that I adore

I am going to start the C25K not just think about it.

Have an awesome week everyone
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have started a thread to review my weekly weigh ins but here is the rest.

Walking every day, morning and evening
    Eating over to support my lifting. Not a lot, but I did it :-)
    Asking the boss to get off casual and get a contract.

How do you feel?

Eager to see results
    Happy, I just realised I have a late start tomorrow

Boss said yes
    Son has bought a motor bike and is still in one piece
    My dog, for his company on my walks

Earlier nights,
    more carbs but less sugar,
    more water, less coffee.
    Pre planning meals and eating more during the day, not coming home and topping them off with sugar.
    More weights.

• wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Name: Helen
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.6
    Goal Weight: 79.9

Today's Weight: 81.8
    Weight loss this week: 1.5kg (yay!)

What goals did you kick this week? Climbed 122 flights of stairs and walked 49.20km, ate lots of salads and spent quality time with family

How do you feel? Happy, tired and sore (cramps are a problem at the moment)
  • liv0512
    liv0512 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Today's Weight: 92.1kg
    Weight loss this week: Put on 2kgs

How do you feel? I feel really guilty had 2 parties on Australia day weekend plus cricket so now I feel terrible after going on the scales.

1) new job starts next week
    2) my health
    3) wedding planning starting this week

What are you going to improve on next week? less naughty foods and more healthy and try to exercise more
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Name: Robin

I am not a weekly weigher or measurer.

Measurements are monthly so I will post these in weeks 4, 8 and 12.

Weight - I weigh often but only record when it's a loss. My weight fluctuates a lot - probably due to fluid retention which is not helped in the heat of Summer. At the moment my weight is steady.

This week I have been researching the 5:2 diet - That is you eat at or around maintenance for 5 days and have 2 very low calorie days each week - seems plausible so I've done a couple of test days on the fast and will give this a good go until the end of Feb. I've also stopped logging exercise as I don't want to use this as an excuse to eat more and it stuffs up my set macros. I've upped my normal day (I won't call them feast days because I think that sends the wrong message to my brain) calories a little. I am continuing on my lower carb (less bread, potatoes rice etc but lots of vegetables) approach and trying to nail that protein goal.

So far I'm finding it relatively easy to stay under my calorie goal each day.

I really have to improve the exercise component of my plan. Once the kidlets get back to school I'll be working on a more regulated workout regime which so far has been fairly haphazard. This will include daily yoga but I'm still working on the other parts - I want to incorporate weights and have some baby ones - I've also been eyeing off a very heavy crowbar that sits mostly unused in my backyard and thinking I could start by lifting it - something like the guy in stronglifts 5x5 lifts just the bar to warm up (the crowbar is about 5 foot long and weighs about 10 kgs so it a decent size and weight to start with). Have also had a look at Scooby's workshop at his workouts for women.
  • EGirl7
    EGirl7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: Emma
    Challenge Starting Weight: 61 kg
    Goal Weight: 55 kg

Today's Weight: 60.4
    Weight loss this week: 00.6

Today's Measurements: I'll do measurements after a month, rather than a week, I think. They're tedious! ;-)
    Bicep:
    Chest:
    Waist:
    Hips:
    Thigh:

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 26.74
    Goal Body Fat %: 25 or thereabouts (lower, in other words)

What goals did you kick this week? I didn't have any goals as such, other than to eat as well as I could and exercise as much as I could. Australia Day was a little out of order, but it wasn't a binge situation or anything...I knew I had quite a few extra calories over the week and I just went, okay, I'll relax, enjoy this and get back into it tomorrow. And I did. I managed to break the last few weeks' plateau, so that bodes well!

How do you feel? Pretty good! This bloody heat is awful, though, because it just makes me feel so rubbish!

1) My family
    2) My friends
    3) My furbabies (I know they're technically family, but they are important enough to me to consider them in their own right!)

What are you going to improve on next week? Main thing is that I have found a good beginner's weights workout (Scooby!) with stuff that I can use just at home, so I am going to follow that. Being unemployed and so forth, if I can use what I already have, that's fantastic.

Progress photos (optional): Not for now! Maybe when I do the next lot of measurements. :-)
  • HappyTravels
    HappyTravels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Name: HappyTravels

Goal Weight: 52 Ultimately

Today's Weight: 105.7

Weight loss this week: 2.4

Today's Measurements: tracking monthly

What goals did you kick this week? Actually Not Real Happy With Weight Loss. Its Not Real. I Was Feeling Poorly For Most Of The Week And Not Really Eating That Much Or Exercising. Am Back In Land Of Living Today And Looking Forward To Healthy Balanced Eating And Exercise Being Back And Losing Weight
    How do you feel? Much Better
    List 3 things you are grateful for? Friends, Family, Mfp Supportive Pals
    What are you going to improve on next week? Exercise And Eating. Its Got To Be Healthy Mostly Unprocessed Foods Combined With Exercise That Gets Me To My Goal And Sustains Me For Life.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Name: Monique
    Challenge Starting Weight: 54.6kg
    Goal Weight: 51-ish

Today's Weight: 54kg
    Weight loss this week: .8kg (down from last weeks gain)

Today's Measurements: All remained the same.

Starting Body Fat:20.76%
    Current Body Fat: 21.9%
    Goal Body Fat: under 20%

What goals did you kick this week? Mostly got back onto the clean eating wagon (geez it was hard with Australia Day!).

How do you feel? Still not the greatest. If this bloat/cramps sticks around I might have consider a dietician or similar.

List 3 things you are grateful for? My invisalign. My partner in crime. Prawns.

What are you going to improve on next week? Might be time to bite the bullet and join a gym.
  • wilbernel
    wilbernel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Name: Wilbernel / Christine
    Challenge Starting Weight: 82.5 kg
    Goal Weight: 75 kg

Today's Weight: 80.9 kg
    Weight loss this week: 1.6 kg

Today's Measurements:
    Bicep: 31 cm (same)
    Chest: 106 cm (.5 cm down)
    Waist: 94 cm (1cm down)
    Hips: 108 cm (1 cm down)
    Thigh: 63 cm (1 cm down)

Starting Body Fat % (if known): 26.3 % (was 26.9%)
    Goal Body Fat %: 20-25 (think)

What goals did you kick this week? More focused on my exercise. Attempted to add 30 mins of exercise to every "busy" day. Achieved that most days and on days where I was working or unpacking added an extra element - leg weights 1.2 kg per leg.

How do you feel? I feel quite good.

1. My lovely family - caring husband and beautiful children.
    2. The belief that I can actually move this weight. Been sitting on it for so long. Greatful for this group and the accountability assisting me to ask more of myself for myself. :-)
    3. Achieving my goal of being mostly unpacked (new home) before school goes back - next week for us.

Make sure I keep moving for me. Kids still home for another week, so try and enjoy these few days off with them too.

This discussion has been closed.