1200 cals and 30 grams carb per day

Options
coozine
coozine Posts: 28 Member
I have lost 6.5 lbs since 5/3/2013 and some days my counts on calories and carbs are a tad higher. I had hit a plateau and am glad something is working. Since I started tracking calories instead of just tracking carbs, I realize how high my calories must have been! I would not have been shocked to learn that they were close to 3000 per day! I do around 30-40 grams of carbs daily and now have finally broken the 150 mark! Love MFP!

Replies

• Filmlotus
    Filmlotus Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm eating about the same amount of calories and carbs too, but that's not the net carbs. If I subtract the fiber, it would probably be about 20gs. I heard from a few low carb doctors that we don't need to count calories as our bodies will take care of its own appetite. However, I find it safer to count and keep track of my other macros, just to keep myself accountable and to get enough protein and sodium.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and trying to cut down on carbs, especially in processed food. I'm doing 1200 calories a day but can't seem to stay under on carbs. My dairy is open. Any advice?