Workouts and exercise regimes

Options
lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
So, what is everyone doing exercise wise? I'm trying to move more, doing a little yoga morning and evening and doing multiple Bodyrock.tv workouts throughout the day and once I've moved I'll be adding loads more swimming, walking and zumba.

I'd definitely recommend bodyrock. 12 Minute workouts but they definitely work. http://www.dailyhiit.com/start-bodyrocking

I'm really disappointed in myself though. So many times I've started on workout regimes, built up my strength and fitness, only to fall off the wagon. Now I'm probably the most unfit I have ever been. WHY didn't I just keep going all those other times? :(
At least I know that these workouts will build up my fitness pretty quickly> I've just got to remember that.

Replies

• ChelleSC
    Options
    I will share my goal exercise plan. If everyone could stay healthy I might get to complete it!

Daily or 4x per week Gilad's Total Body Sculpt. This is a 30 episode TV series that aired in the early 2000's. I bought it on Amazon instant video. My mom has been an exercise buff since shortly after I was born. She's been certified by multiple fitness agencies and works in physical therapy now. According to her Gilad is the best at what he does. Nothing dance-y just basic stuff. But, he's a true teacher and has a way of explaining the small details of how to do the exercises. I love it. Gilad's show is 22min since it has no commercial breaks and includes a quick warm up, lower body workout, upper body workout and abs. You're supposed to cool down and stretch on your own. Since I have a smart TV it's easy to fit in the 22 min. When I don't have a respiratory infection that is!

Second part is a one hour yoga class Wednesday mornings. Also, I meet a friend at the YMCA for cardio Monday and Friday.

My dream plan is to do the YMCA or YOGA MWF and Gilad T, TH, Sa, Su.

I am like you Lizz I have started and stopped so many things! I was doing the Body sculpt and couch to 5k after Milo (my youngest) was born. I was doing great! I went down a clothing size and was getting strong. Then I got Lyme's Disease and am only now getting back into working out. The Lyme's disease has been gone for a year. I've just been lazy!!!
  • getfitgal123
    getfitgal123 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba classes. I usually go twice/week. I also have an elliptical at home and try to get on it while I watch TV. I used to run about 20 miles/week but stopped a year ago when the OB/GYN told me that was likely causing me not to have periods. Well, since she turned out to be wrong (just got the PCOS diagnosis this month) it looks like I can start the running again. Except that it is frigid outside. LOL. I also workout doing kettlebells and bodyweight exercises in small groups with an instructor/trainer 3 times/week.

I think the key is to find something that is fun and convenient!
  • julieferg7
    julieferg7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    In the past I did The Firm, but now I am doing Shaun T's Focus T25 and LOVE it! He is so motivating and not dancey, more athletic type drill moves. I just completed the first workout of the 4th week of the alpha phase. Last time I measured, I have dropped just over 9 inches over my body.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    It's great to be in a group with such active people! Together we're killing the ignorant theory that people with pcos are just lazy!
  • bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba... ive had Zumba Core for my Wii for a long while and it got to the point that the routines were getting a little old. So now that I have the new Zumba World Party game - my goal is to do one class a night and get through all the bonus features. I also have Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and Kickboxing DVDs for when i want to change it up.

I am moving in March where I will actually have a place to jog, so whenever that comes along and the weather decides to warm up ill get back into jogging and/or biking too. What's really great, is it will be down the road from my parents who both can't wait for me to move so that they can come walk with me. My dad was just diagnosed with pre-diabetes and my mom thinks she might have PCOS as well, so I am glad that they are both planning to get active and that I can inspire them as well.
  • lizz2013
    Options
    That's great that you'll have all that support :) I'm in a similar boat with 2 friends who I am moving close to and we will be working out a lot together. But that is a few months away and I really don't want to be just waiting for my life to begin....like I have for months. So for now I'm going to go back to hula hooping. I was really enjoying it before Christmas and literally forgot all about it. I'll keep on doing more and more yoga and high intensity interval training and walking as much as I can. My weight just isn't going anywhere at the moment so I definitely need to do something.