Week one

We made it through week 1!!! The first of many I hope to come. I'm praying that every one doing the study will have success and peace as the weeks go by. The word Empowered has helped me a ton this week.

Replies

• mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Yep... I loved the word "Empowered"! And I completely felt EMPOWERED yesterday when I walked into the kitchen next to my office and there were two full boxes of donuts from one of the best local donut shops! One of the boxes even had the lid left open and the donuts were starring at me when I walked in. The first things that came to mind was a quote from Ch. 1 where Lysa said, "Satan chooses his tactics intentionally. He knows where we are weak and he desires to lure us away from God." Donuts are a trigger food for me and my food addiction and binge eating.
    I heated up my vegetable soup and was on my way without another thought about the donuts! And, I strutted out of that kitchen feeling EMPOWERED!!
  • Great job with the doughnuts. That is really a big win. Those types of thing can be a struggle for me. Good Job.
  • So far this week I have not felt empowered. Well for the most part. Yesterday I started off the day very tired and weak. Just an aspect of life that I deal with. But by the end of the day I was amazed at what I had managed to do. We are getting ready for a remodel in our home. They are starting the framing today! Yikes. My son is going to get his own room. My job was to clean out the area of our huge living room. That mean moving a very large desk with my computer and home school stuff on it, my husbands very large desk and my treadmill. I assumed that I would have to wait for my hubby because over the past 10 years I have had to deal with a lot of fatigue and weakness due to health issues as well as being pregnant for the past 6 years.
    Well by the time my husband got home I had managed to move both desks and get all the boxes cleared away and the floor vacuumed. I didn't think I could move the treadmill but turns out I managed just fine. So the room is all ready for them to begin working. It was empowering to be strong enough again to do things I used to be able to do. It was also empowering to have made it through most of the day without getting too much sugar. (I did end with a cup of hot cocoa) Still trying to figure out how to eat enough calories without sugar. (I am still nursing to I have to be careful). And we are on a tight budget. If anyone has any tips I would love it.
    Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
  • I'd say the word Empowered fits nicely with all of us this week! We may not feel it at the time but reading to the end of y'all's posts you were very much empowered and took charge not allowing Satan to get in!! Woo Hoo success!
    I'm amazed at the power & control I feel when I pray through something - when I went to bed last night I thanked God for my successful 5 days and felt truly happy :) More prayers for the weekend for all of us & good luck with the remodel - that's exciting!
  • JanetC1971
    JanetC1971 Posts: 6 Member
    Amy, Do you live near an Aldi? It's a grocery store that has very affordable fresh fruits and veggies. Also some grocery stores have day-old fruits and veggies you can cut up and have ready when you feel like snacking.

I too am feeling in control. I need to remember to Pray when I feel then need to snack. I haven't snacked too badly, Praise God! I need to get on it with the getting myself moving.
  • Janet,
    I do live near an Aldi. That is where I do all my shopping. We have a big family with limited income. There are 7 of us total. 5 kids with big appetites. I am working at trying to eat more of a whole foods diet, and it is challenging but it would be impossible without Aldi. I am very thankful we have an Aldi. It has made all the difference for us.
  • future_cpa
    future_cpa Posts: 23 Member
    I just finished it's not fair and it spoke directly to me. I was just telling myself I can have little bit of empty calories and extra fatty food this week. It is so true one slip up leads to another.

These daily readings has been a blessing to me and my friend. The two of us has battled with extra pounds and now they are leading to other health problems.

An alternative to fresh fruit is canned fruit that was rinsed. I'll pour my fruit in a strainer and rinse the fruit thoroughly. The day I eat my fruit I'll rinse them again.
  • Amy, My friend talked me into couponing a while back and it has been a huge blessing to our family! If you live near a Kroger or their affiliates, krogerkrazy.com is a great resource. She goes through the Sunday coupons and the weekly ad and tells you all of the deals. iheartthemart.com is also a good one if you have a WalMart near by. If you google coupon matchups for whatever store is closest, you may find a similar site. Except Aldi of course, since they don't accept coupons, I am keeping a list of Aldi prices in my coupon clutch so I can compare when I am couponing elsewhere. I often get better deals than Aldi, but sometimes I will go to more than one store to stay within the grocery budget.
  • Way to go with the donuts! Those struggles can be so hard in the moment, but are so invigorating when you get past them. Each win gives you a history of overcoming to look back on when the next battle comes!
  • I did not know when I began this journey, that God would be working to transform me from the inside out! I am so excited about my weight loss and overcoming food challenges this week, but even more so, I am thrilled about what He is doing in my heart! This supportive group of sisters means the world to me! I cannot wait to see what He has in store for us next week.
  • shannonalgren1
    shannonalgren1 Posts: 36 Member
    I am loving this study. I am down a couple lbs since starting. I chose the Whole Foods Diet , it seems to be the one I will stick with. Good luck and may God bless each of us. :flowerforyou: