Anyone else try Moducare? Or Protandim?

Options
asharkin
asharkin Posts: 30 Member
I have Hashimoto's and have struggled the last year to get my levels under control. I finally went to an endocrinologist and that's when I got the Hashi diagnosis. The thing that is annoying is that the only thing any Dr. cares about is your levels... not how you feel. I felt all kinds of symptoms and yet my levels were normal (common problem for lots on here I am sure).

A few years ago when I broke out in chronic hives for 5 months and no Dr could help me I went on Moducare (www.moducare.com) that was suggested by a health food store as a natural solution. It worked! Well, I took it for a while and once the hives were gone I stopped. Well, considering it is for your immune system and Hashi's is a auto-immune disease I thought I would try taking it again.

After a month of taking it I started feeling more energy, no achy joints, concentration was better. So.... I am thinking it does help. It might be worth a try to some of you who are having the same problem. I go to the Dr again tomorrow so I guess I will see where my levels are at and what the Dr says about it. I'm sure she will just laugh at me.... I might just find a new dr if she does!

I also have a friend who has been talking to me about Protandim... has anyone tried this? The things I have read are interesting but I would love to hear anyone's stories if they have tried it.

Replies

• natyasa
    natyasa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My mom takes moducare for her RA...also an auto immune disease. It has really helped her with joint pain, fatigue, and because her current medication suppresses her immune system, it has reeeaalllyyy helped her stay away from the common cold which can easily develop into something bigger. She swears by it. I ordered a bottle that should deliver tomorrow and will let you know if it helps with any if the symptoms.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    First I have heard of moducare. My arthritis is getting really bad so I think I will check it out & see what its all about.(also my immune system was damaged from chemo years ago) For my hashi's I take synthroid & it is working well but I also have a great endo who looks at the numbers but also listens to my symptoms. Keep this thread active. It will be interesting to hear everyones input.