Day to day check-in

Options
trixie315
trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
Hi everyone! How are you all doing with the 5k training? So far I've mostly been walking at a high pace and incline on the treadmill with a bit of running. I will test myself tomorrow with more running to see how long I can go w/o stopping. Feel free to post in here for motivation and support or any questions that arise!

Replies

• molinette
    molinette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not had a chance to get started yet as I've been away on business :( hoping to get a run in this weekend - will see how far I get!
  • trixie315
    Options
    Understandable molinette. the 5k is just 45 days away people :))
  • trixie315
    Options
    I didn't do ANY activity yesterday, instead slipped into a pizza coma with digiornos lol. Today I am planning on running on the treadmill after work. SO happy I have my own now!
  • trixie315
    Options
    Ran and walked on the treadmill last night and it felt great! I did 2.4 miles in 33 minutes. I know there is room for improvement but I realize I'm still working on it and building up strength.
  • nlpace02
    nlpace02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started running again yesterday using the Galloway run walk method. I like running outside with the dog and this cold is killing me! Yesterday and today I have amazing weather so I'm going to make the most of it and get back out there!
  • trixie315
    Options
    good job nlplace! welcome :)
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Also due to cold weather I have been hitting the treadmill. I have started the C25K program. Starting week 3 this week and do feel stronger now. Have moved up the incline to 5 and running at 5.7. Definitely need to improve as my first official outside 5K will be in May when hopefully it is warmer here. Goal for St. Pattys is a 11 min mile.
  • trixie315
    Options
    WOW sweetmommy - that is a high incline for running on the treadmill! Good job! Sorry I've been MIA lately folks. I usually run at a 2 level incline and a 5.4 speed, although I seem to run faster outdoors. TOO BAD it's still way too cold to run outside. Highs only in the single digits all week. guess I'm stuck on the t-mill! I did a run on Friday and improved my time. I ran/walked 2.5 miles in 36 minutes. I need to increase my speed but like i said, it's hard for me on the treadmill for some reason