90-Day Fit.&Nutr. Challenge Group: Day #11 Post

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
How is everyone doing? Have you seen any improvements? Do you feel stronger? How is your appetite? Are you having temptations? If so, how are you handling them?

I am feeling positive about this journey, but I don't want to feel guilty when there is an event or if my husband and I meet someone for dinner, as I often do. It will not be all or none. I am using the 80/20 rule to see if I am still able to lose fat.

TODAY's PHOTO: Post a picture of your favorite plank, or hover, as LesMills calls them. Be creative and have fun!

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I don't have a favorite plank, they're killer. We do one in Pilates called the airplane. You start out in a side plank on one elbow, then rotate forward with your other arm out, like an airplane until you are in a plank position facing the floor, still with one arm out, hold for 10 seconds and rotate back to side plank. It's pretty brutal, but every time I do them I get stronger and stronger and then I feel good!
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree, I don't have a favourite plank, but I challeneged myself to do a regular plank each day and see how much I can increase my time! Started out at 45 seconds, and am now at 1:43, so progress is being made. Ik27, that sounds tricky, I'll have to try. I do leg lift planks from time to time, but the forearm/elbow resting on the ground always crunches (something in the elbow) and makes them very uncomfortable!

15mjmzo.jpg
  • amccord2
    Options
    That sounds like a killer plank, but one that will get results!!
    I don't have a favorite plank, they're killer. We do one in Pilates called the airplane. You start out in a side plank on one elbow, then rotate forward with your other arm out, like an airplane until you are in a plank position facing the floor, still with one arm out, hold for 10 seconds and rotate back to side plank. It's pretty brutal, but every time I do them I get stronger and stronger and then I feel good!
  • amccord2
    Options
    There is a modification for that plank in my Les Mills Hard Core Abs, which unlike the picture, the lift is from the knee. Those are the ones that I can do. It is still very challenging, especially when they add the arm pointing out over the head.
    I'd have to agree, I don't have a favourite plank, but I challenged myself to do a regular plank each day and see how much I can increase my time! Started out at 45 seconds, and am now at 1:43, so progress is being made. Ik27, that sounds tricky, I'll have to try. I do leg lift planks from time to time, but the forearm/elbow resting on the ground always crunches (something in the elbow) and makes them very uncomfortable!

15mjmzo.jpg
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did it again!!! I didn't catch this one on time. I know it sounds crazy but I enjoy planks. LOL My favorite is the basic one, with elbows on the floor. I also like the side plank, that would be my second favorite. In Dec I was doing a plank challenge with some facebook friends and I held a plank for 5 minutes!!! I have the video to prove it. LOL It was very tough and I have no intention to do it again. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • amccord2
    Options
    WOW, Annette!! That's awesome and impressive!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have no favorite planks. Matter of fact I hate them all because I cannot do them. Well I might be able to hold one for about 10 seconds, but I am praying the whole time. May be that will be my next challenge after I complete the squat challenge.