90-Day Fit.&Nutr. Challege: Day #21 Post Slow Cooker Sunday

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
healthyhabits_zpsc038a232.jpg

Hello Challengers! They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. It would be really nice if after three faithful weeks of skipping dessert (80% of the time), eating clean, and exercising 5 hours each week, the idealistic behavior became automatic. But scientists who study habit formation say it’s not that easy. There isn’t a magic number — and even if there were, it would be more like 66 days, according to one recent study. That’s why I am committed to this 90-Day Challenge! I am looking to form a lasting habit of a lifetime commitment to the 80/20 rule of nutrition and fitness. :love:

:heart: Thank you to those of you who participated with the accountability posting last week!!! Woohoo! It was awesome and motivating to see how everyone’s nutrition was going. :heart:

scalehelp.jpgSeveral of you have already posted your weight. If not, remember to post before midnight Monday. If you did not get a chance to take a photo of yourself, go ahead and get it done. You will be amazed when we get to day 45!

images-1.jpg That’s right! Measurements are due after this week, in which we will have completed four full weeks of our challenge. :smile: Just remember to take the same five measurements and add them as you did at the beginning. Check back in the discussion if needed: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1164160-90-day-challenge-measurement-weight-tracking

TODAY’S POST: For Slow Cooker Sunday, share a favorite slow cooker recipe, if you have one. There is an expected chill this week in the south, so I am looking forward to warming meals! Here is mine below. :tongue: Yum!

Recipe makes 4 servings
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili in the Slow Cooker
from Can You Stay for Dinner

28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
14 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1'' pieces
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
15 ounce can kidney beans
15 ounce can black beans
1 lb 90% lean ground beef sirloin (optional); I use ground turkey

Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker (including raw ground beef, if using; I substitute ground turkey) and stir to mix well. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
sweetpotatochili_zps9078e583.jpg

Replies

• rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    my fav is old fashioned roast. You simply cnt go wrong!
    Roast (trim the fat)
    carrots
    onions
    potatoes
    celery
    tomatoes
    brown gravy mix
    water

Let cook for 4-5 hours and enjoy the savory, tender, awesomness!
  • rachso
    rachso Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had a REALLY, REALLY bad week. Lots of stress and an emotional roller coaster. I went 2 days without food, 1 day eating fairly normal, and a day eating everything my hands could grab. Bad, I know. Exercise was a hit and miss as i literally got to the point last week where I didnt care and this was NOT on my mind. It'll be a miracle if I step on the scale tomorrow and didnt gain.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    rachso, I hope this coming week is a better one for you. :flowerforyou:

I don't have a slow cooker. :noway: But I enjoy making chili or soups. Today I made meatball with sriracha from The protein chef in youtube. But then I threw on a pot some tomato sauce, sliced stewed tomatoes, canned corn, peas/carrots and green beans and added the meatballs. My husband and son loved it. It is very tasty. Angela, your recipe sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been a lazy day today regarding logging in my foods. I did do my three challenges, doubled up one since I didn't do it yesterday due to my Zumbathon. I am usually treated to breakfast by my husband on Sundays so I had eggs, bacon and a pancake. Yep, it is definitely NOT gluten free. Yikes! And I am so close to the end of the month. Oh well...it is hard to resist.

So weigh in tomorrow and measurements next week Monday correct? I took my pictures on day 15 but I couldn't find the post were we had to post them.

Anybody watching The Grammys? :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    never mind, only half came out, I guess I have to minimize and try again
  • alf1163
    Options
    Let's see if it works, nope
  • amccord2
    Options
    That meatball with sriracha sounds delish!!! I'm all over the Grammys in between prepping for the week.
    Yes, weigh in by Monday, and measurements next week. No post for the pics; they are just yours to compare.:smile:
    Got to have those "treat meals!":love: That's what keeps us on track for the long term. I used to live were I could get a great Zumba class, but now I think I will check it out on the Wii and see if it's any good!
  • amccord2
    Options
    Better days are ahead!!! I like the classic beef roast also! I also through in some white wine.:drinker:
    I had a REALLY, REALLY bad week. Lots of stress and an emotional roller coaster. I went 2 days without food, 1 day eating fairly normal, and a day eating everything my hands could grab. Bad, I know. Exercise was a hit and miss as i literally got to the point last week where I didnt care and this was NOT on my mind. It'll be a miracle if I step on the scale tomorrow and didnt gain.
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    This soup is right up my alley! It is very similar to one I make, but I leave out the meat. Angela I sent the recipe to my son. I know he will love it. :-)
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I usually just throw a bunch of things that sound good together into my slowcooker and hope for the best. I.e. a jar of healthy salsa (sugar free, etc), chicken stock, chicken breast, black beans, corn, diced jalapeno, onion and diced tomatoes for chicken tortilla soup sans the tortillas. When it's done I'll add some cumin, cilantro, and pepper, and in the bowl when serving diced avocado and a dollop of greek yogurt.