90-Day Fit. & Nutr. Challenge Day #22: Motivation Monday

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hello Everyone!!! Numbers are going up, and it is looking good. I almost had a moment of weakness at my weigh-in, and thought, "I need to do something to make this happen faster!" Then, I came across this......post how you're feeling about your progress and what changes in nutrition or fitness, if any, you will have for the next few weeks.
keepgoing_zpsa7c27a81.jpg

Replies

• ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well. Actually, I'm losing weight a little faster than I want. I'm going to give 1200 calories just one more week. If I lose more than 2 pounds this week, then I'll up my calories. I'm only hesitating to up my calories this week, because I whooped it up last night at a charity event and ate some crazy awesome food by local chefs and didn't bother logging my calories which I know went way over... The food, wine and friends filled my soul. It no longer seems appealing to eat a bag of Lay's potato chips while sitting alone in my bed watching television.

One of the things I've done over the past year, is become more adventuresome with my food. For instance, a few months ago, someone inspired me to try anchovies. They were disgusting, but I was glad I tried it. So, after that I put raw oysters on my bucket list. Low and behold, they had raw oysters at the event last night. So, I ate not one, but two!!! It was interesting and fun. I'd totally eat them again. Yes, they are a bit squishy, but they are not fishy. They have a tone of clean seawater. It's hard to describe, but it makes a good vessel for enjoying whatever it is you are topping it with. They are just fresh and clean tasting. And, I'm a person who is not normally a fan of seafood unless it is sushi. Hmmm, maybe I just like raw things...

I had such an amazing time last night, trying foods that I never dreamed of like duck confit, muffaletta sandwich, organic dried chorizo, amazing wine from all over the world, and a salted caramel from our local chocolatier that was orgasmic. (Can I say that here? Sorry if I have offended, but seriously, if I smoked, I would've needed a cigarette after that one.)

What I've learned during my journey is to shift the mind and how it relates to food. Friends and family come first now - there is no more hiding in a corner with a massive plate of food. Then, the foods I choose have to be amazing. I'll ask others at a party, "Is it good? If they don't roll their eyes into the back of their head whle taking a bite, I'll usually skip it, unless I'm in in need of the calories. Sometimes my mind will revert back to old habits and I'll think about my binge foods, but then I'll remember nights like last night and think... those binge foods are just not good enough for me anymore. I've become a discerning eater. Basically, if it's not healthy, it better be to-die-for delicious.

Sorry if it seems I'm rambling. I guess you can say this mind shift has been a big part of my food addiction recovery and I'm proud. Trying new things has just given me a new perspective on food and life, which is not easy to put into words.

ARE YOU AN ADVENTURESOME EATER? WHAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING YOU'VE EVER EATEN? (I NEED IDEAS TO ADD TO MY BUCKET LIST.) AND, IF YOU ARE NOT ADVENTURESOME, I CHALLENGE YOU TO POST A COMMITMENT TO TRY SOMETHING NEW. OR, COMMIT TO TRYING THE NEXT THING SOMEONE OFFERS TO YOU, THAT YOU WOULD NORMALLY TURN DOWN.

Be well everyone and stay committed! I'm still trying to participate as much as I can, but I'm a busy little bee these days.

Roni
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gotten lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logging my foods that is...I am still doing my workouts with lots of energy. Need some motivation!!!! Ok, after my post I will backtrack and log...

ronita, I love your post!!!! It is inspiring, no rambling anywhere!!! I have never tried anchovies. I would like to try caviar. Hmm, good question, it might not be weird but I have had rabbit, cow's tongue (most people wont eat it), seaweed. I am sure I've had other "weird" foods. LOL

I only lost .6 in a week. I want to get to 125 for some "crazy" reason but it is hard. I don't think my body likes that. I can tell I am losing inches and that counts the most. And as long as I can maintain at 130 I am happy. This is helping me do that and I love it!! Thank you for the challenge!!! :flowerforyou:
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This quote always keeps me grounded because I'm the type of person that likes instant gratification. I'm already on week 4 (since I started being committed to getting back in shape). I started noticing my results at about 2 weeks. Now others are starting to notice. My mom has commented on how good I'm doing and my husband just told me last night that he can totally notice a difference. I just went through my jeans last night and got rid of 5 pairs of pants that I've been wearing for the last 6 months that are way too big now and have moved back into my pre-pregnancy "fat" pants. Not too long now until I'm back into my "skinny" pants!

As of Saturday, I have reached my January goal of 140 lb.!!! And it was a week early!!

Now that my husband is back and life can return to normal, my goal for the week is to get to the gym 4 days for my classes and do 2 days of home workouts. I've really been liking my Turbo Fire HIIT workouts, so I'll save that for one day when I'm pressed for time.
  • alf1163
    Options
    That is awesome Ik27 :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • ronitabur
    Options
    alf1163 - I am adding cow's tongue to my bucket list! (I grew up eating rabbit and I like sushi so I've eaten seaweed.) I'm excited about the cow's tongue. It's just another muscle, so I'll look at it like that. Funny that you mentioned caviar - it is so expensive that it's on my list but I don't know if I'll ever try it.

lk27 - You seem so committed. Good job on the downsizing! You look fantastic in your profile picture!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Roni and Anyone Else, ramble away! :bigsmile: You all are helping me so much! I love, love, love reading all of the posts.
    Roni, you especially keep me reminded of what long term results can be like, and not to try to take the quick route as I have done in the past (which resulted in :angry: )

I will think of something to add to your list! Fabulous challenge!
  • 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ronnie I enjoyed reading your post :-) I like the way you think about food. I need to come to a place where food taste good and is good for me.

As far as the process goes I have lost over forty pounds and only 2 people have commented. But I notice the waistband of my skirts are crazy loose, if I did not have overly big thighs the skirts would fall to the floor. I am sure from now one the weight loss will be more noticeable.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    lk27 - You seem so committed. Good job on the downsizing! You look fantastic in your profile picture!
    [/quote]

Thanks, but this is my pre-pregnancy body. Only about 2 pounds from my ultimate goal. This is what I'm trying to get back to. It's my motivation picture. I've got about 13 more pounds to get back to this, and a lot of toning up! Hopefully my stomach will look like this again some day.
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love that quote - I've noticed that those that see me every day are slower to notice, but those that haven't seen me in awhile notice as soon as they see me.

I've found a couple times I lose focus (ie. I'll feel great for how far I've come, but then feel "down" because I still have far to go). My husband has been great in encouraging me when I get a little frustrated, and I've taken to running on the treadmill and watching some SATC reruns whenever I'm feeling like I'm getting nowhere.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! No Tuesday post? I didn't find anything for today.

Roni, you will enjoy cow's tongue, I love it!! I haven't had it in a while. There is a nice restaurant here that serves it.

ik27, you will get to your goal in no time!!!

Chelsea, hang in there!!!!

Everyone is doing great!!! BTW, I posted my 15 day pics under my profile photos.

Have a great evening!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ronitabur
    Options
    24Sept - Wow, you have lost a lot of weight, that I cannot believe that only two people have commented! Well, keep up the good work. Sometimes people, especially those that see you every day, aren't really sure and sometimes are afraid to ask. When I hit around the 70# weight loss mark, I began experiencing people not recognizing me - y'know, those who haven't seen me in a long time, They get embarrassed over it, but I just tell them that that is the best compliment I could possibly get.

Angela (amccord2) - I am glad I inspire you to not be in a hurry. It should be a life change, not a quick fix. :wink: I'll look forward to your suggestion for a weird food!