90-Day Fit. & Nutr. Challenge Day #22: No Turn Downs Tuesday

Options
amccord2
amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
Hello Everyone!!! I hope that you all are staying safe during this winter weather sweeping across the east coast! This may be the perfect time for some of you to push play on the DVD player if you can't get to the gym. Remember, YouTube has some awesome fitness channels, like BeFit!:wink:

Today's discussion is inspired by Roni's reply to Monday's post. Here's a quote::drinker:

"ARE YOU AN ADVENTURESOME EATER? WHAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING YOU'VE EVER EATEN? (I NEED IDEAS TO ADD TO MY BUCKET LIST.) AND, IF YOU ARE NOT ADVENTURESOME, I CHALLENGE YOU TO POST A COMMITMENT TO TRY SOMETHING NEW. OR, COMMIT TO TRYING THE NEXT THING SOMEONE OFFERS TO YOU, THAT YOU WOULD NORMALLY TURN DOWN."

Replies

• 24Sept
    24Sept Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not me, I have too many tummy issues to be bold. But if I did not have these issues I would eat authentic Thai food with egg plant, basil, Thai peppers over rice.
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I went to a Thai restaurant this weekend for my friend's birthday. I've never had Thai food and was not quite sure about the menu. I've got to say that I was pleasantly surprised with how good the food was and will definitely eat there again!

ETA- One of the most talked about food items at this restaurant is coconut rice. It was delicious! It tasted like a coconut jelly bean. Good thing that you can only eat a few bites, because I'm sure it's not healthy.
  • 24Sept
    Options
    Was it hot and spicy?
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Was it hot and spicy?
    The Thai food? Yes, very spicy!
  • 24Sept
    Options
    Was it hot and spicy?
    The Thai food? Yes, very spicy!

It sounds so good and yummy :-)
  • ChelseaSM
    ChelseaSM Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's been in the -40's this week, -44 c yesterday and -41 c today. Hard to get up but so nice once I was at the gym before work. The drive to work was warmer as well since I got my heart rate up already!

I like trying foods from different cultures, but like making them myself so I can control the ingredients. I'm not adventurous at all with proteins, I hate eating meat and will usually only eat it if it is hidden into a dish.

As far as a recommendation, I've been eating dragonfruit all week, give them a try if you haven't yet. They look a little poisonous but are like a mild, hot pink, black and white kiwi.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Chelsea, dragonfruit? I will have to give it a try!!! I need to expand my fruit and veggie consumption. I get tired of eating the same things.

I like Thai food as well. It can go both ways, healthy/unhealthy. The coconut rice for dessert might be considered "unhealthy" due to the sugar. Coconut milk is not unhealthy.

I love Korean food!!! I love Kimchi, fermented cabbage. Sometimes they have dried little fish in their Banchan, it looks weird. LOL
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Not me, I have too many tummy issues to be bold. But if I did not have these issues I would eat authentic Thai food with egg plant, basil, Thai peppers over rice.

That is too bad that you have tummy issues! I have a stomach of steel. I love super spicy food, especially Thai food, but Thai food does not have to be spicy.

Kimchi is something I must put on my list. I've always been afraid of it because of the combination of it being fermented and often having fish in it - seems a bit scary for me. But, that is the whole purpose behind me doing this, is getting over my fears and being adventuresome. I'll admit to you all, what started all this was brown shelled eggs. I grew up on a mini-farm. As a child, I was attached to all the chickens and rabbits. Well, they were there to be our food. That was emotionally hard on me. And, I revolted against the brown shelled eggs that the chickens layed. I refused to eat them and I would get in trouble for it. So, this was the beginning of me developing control issues over food and was the beginning of a long life of struggles with food. So, a few years ago, I underwent therapy for my food addiction. One of the tasks my therapist gave me was to sit down with a friend or family member, and eat an egg that came from a brown shell. I sat there, shedding tears into my egg. I know it sounds crazy to do this over an egg. But, I accomplished the task and it was healing. Now I'll eat an egg no matter what color the shell. So, I've taken it one step further, telling myself that nothing should be off limits. (Um, except bugs and the heads of things - I might have to set a limit there.) Anyway, this is about letting go of control. And, last Sunday when I was faced with the opportunity to eat something on my bucket list (the raw oysters), I was excited, and I found that most women wouldn't go in with me. I could only get two ladies to join me. We now have that special moment together that we will always remember. One woman was a coworker who is a grant writer and the other was the wife of my company's CEO. Both these women have husbands who adore them, and I can see why. They are little spitfires who like to have fun. With that said, I'm not saying that someone who is not adventuresome with food is a stick-in-the-mud. I'm sure that's not the case. There are many ways to be adventuresome. For me, being adventuresome with food was necessary for healing, and I just decided that I wanted to continue with it to see what I can accomplish with it. :drinker: I've been surprised so far at what has come from it.

Dragonfruit... Hmmm, I need to keep an eye out for this. There are a lot of fruits I cannot eat due to allergies, but my interest is piqued. I now have 3 new things on my list - Dragonfruit, Kimchi and Cow Tongue! How exciting!