Doctors visit tomorrow

lizz2013
lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
Tomorrow I've got my doctors appointment to find out how bad my cysts are. I'm so nervous and really dreading it, but at least I'll know more after tomorrow.
Can anyone share their experiences from their internal exam?

Replies

• bribrijean234
    bribrijean234 Posts: 90 Member
    I haven't had the internal exam yet, so I am not sure what to expect either... but keep in mind that it is better to know what you are up against than guessing or worrying about it all the time. Good luck! and let us know how things go!
  • Do you mean a pelvic exam? I'm not sure that will tell you about your cysts. An ultrasound will. Unless they are large enough that a doctor could feel. I had some uncomfortable, large cysts and it was uncomfortable during an internal exam when the doctor palpated the spot. Other than that, no big deal. If they do an ultrasound the worst part is before they let you pee.
  • lizz2013
    Internal ultrasound she said. Before they let you pee??
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    How did it go?
  • lizz2013
    It went okay thanks. I don't think I have the best doctor in the world as she didn't tell me anything that was going on and when she'd finished she just said 'yep you definitely have pcos'. I had to question her to get anything out of her. But then she was quite good at explaining it all. I don't have any large cysts that need to be removed...just the usual for pcos. Luckily she didn't weigh me and tell me I need to lose 50 lbs, as I already know that. She's said I need to get on some contraception until I am ready to TTC to keep the womb lining from building up...but I've always had a really bad experience with the pill and my hormones going mad and read some bad things about IUC. Any suggestions?