[RECIPE] Cream Cheese Chicken

redwngs13
redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
I just posted this on the recipe board, but I dont know how many keto people actually go there, so I thought I'd post here as well!

I prepared a batch of these to take to work for lunch all week and thought I would share! Super simple recipe!

Cream Cheese Chicken -

5 servings at 272 cals, 3 g carbs (4%), 16 g fat (52%) , 30 g protein (44%)

5 thin cut chicken breast slices (or pounded out thin) (I used about 4oz of chicken per slice)
1 - 8 oz block of cream cheese of your choice (I used Philly regular)
1 TB butter
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
salt + pepper

1. Preheat oven to 450* F
2. Sautee mushrooms in the butter. Add cream cheese and melt together.
3. Lay out chicken breast slices and spread each piece with the mixture. Roll up the chicken and place in a greased glass baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste (or any other spices you'd like)
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. ENJOY!

This turned out great, and they look so professional when you cut into them! As a modification I may try adding spinach and sauteed onions to the cream cheese mushroom mixture and sprinkle them with some parmesan cheese next time. You can basically throw whatever you want into it!

Not the most appetizing picture, but you get the idea!
1378747105267.jpg

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    I really wish MFP had a 'Thanks' or 'Like' button - this looks so delish! Thanks for sharing
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Wow! Definitely will make this.
  • Califor127
    Califor127 Posts: 4 Member
    That's perfect!
    I've been craving Cream Cheese, but couldn't think of anything to put it on that wasn't a bagel lol.

Thanks for sharing.
  • tastethis
    tastethis Posts: 68 Member
    I think it would be really good mixed with some Rotel green and red chilis too. Yum!
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    Had this the other night- was delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Bump YUM !
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    That's perfect!
    I've been craving Cream Cheese, but couldn't think of anything to put it on that wasn't a bagel lol.

Thanks for sharing.

Delicious looking recipe! Can't go wrong with chicken and cream cheese :)

If I ever am craving cream cheese (which happens often) I'll put it on pork rinds or make lunch meat roll ups with cream cheese in the middle, delicious, easy, and gets that cream cheese craving fast!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Wow, that looks awesome. I am thinking of making it but subbing it with jalapenos instead of mushrooms. Like a giant chicken stuffed cream cheese popper. Yum.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Absolutely delicious recipe. I actually make something like the stuffing as a main course. Cream cheese, mushrooms, and cauliflower. It's good stuff. I could eat this by the bucket.