week 3 five point challenge

Options
xqueenbee24x
xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
Week 3 - 5 point challenge: ME, Me, me...

For this weeks five point challenge I want you to take a bit of time for yourself. So whether you take a nice long bubble bath, get a main pedi, go clothes shopping I want everyone to take some personal time this week. We tend to be so focused on all the other variables or life that the one thing we leave for last is out own personal tlc. Take ATLEAST an hour this week for yourself.

Reply to this thread with what you did for your personal getaway and how long. In order to earn five points you must complete challenge for at least an hour. The hour CAN be broken up into two half hour sessions if need be HOWEVER for anyone who is able to take at least the full hour to themselves will be awarded two extra points at the end of the week.

Enjoy your alone time ladies, you deserve it :)

Replies

• melzielkie
    melzielkie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I took advantage of this today as my boyfriend is fishing with friends and it's my rest day! I took a nice hot shower and am now catching up on a few DVR'd episodes of Four Weddings :) Looking at about 2.5 hours of "me" time!
    I know it may not seem like much but it was just right for me! ;)
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I do this every Thursday. It's game night for my husband so while he's occupied, I do whatever I want. Usually I read a book and sometimes watch one of "my" shows that he doesn't care for. I get 2 hours of "me"time every week and I look forward to it. When they're a player short, they sometimes ask me to play. Most of the time I pass so that I can have my alone time.
  • Reeder06
    Reeder06 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am so glad this challenge fell on a weekend that my daughter was with her dad! When she is with me I feel like I get no "me" time. Other then homework and house work, this weekend will be all "me" time! Going to get my facial and catch up on some long pushed off scrapbooking and catching up on life with my sister :) Might even enjoy an extra long hot bath EVERY day this weekend :) Enjoy your "me" time ladies, as I know I will!!!!!
  • ghoti3
    ghoti3 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The district where I teach at has a snow day today. I'm taking full advantage of it! I took my dog on a long walk to play in the snow and am currently under a blanket on the couch with a good book. Living in a southern state, we don't get many of these opportunities :-)
  • Diegosmother
    Diegosmother Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I completely took advantage of this and had a 90 minute massage today. I'm feeling pretty good now :-)
  • brdgt
    brdgt Posts: 20
    Options
    Yesterday I went shopping at a local greenhouse (beautiful scenery and temps in the middle of winter!) and bought some supplies to come home and make a terrarium - yah for winter gardening!
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    After working over 60 hours this week I could not have planned this challenge for a better week. I am dedicating not only this weekend but next week as well to putting myself as my main priority (especially because its my birthday week!!!)

This weekend I refuse to answer any work related calls or messages.

I slept in until 11am and was also able to take an afternoon nap :)

I spent the day with my sister, we got lunch and she tried sushi for the first time.

I said f-it and had two cupcakes from a new cupcake shop that opened up in town today.

I enjoyed a two and a half hour gym session with my sister. After not working out all week it felt great to get back into the swing of things.

I plan on getting my nails done tomorrow, and going to get my next tattoo with my sister some time this week seeing she will be turning 18 on Tuesday. I plan on dedicating more time to the gym and making sure that I am eating right, working out and taking the necessary steps to losing the rest of the weight I want to lose. I plan on applying for jobs related to my career aspirations and have decided I am not going to wait for these changes to happen but make them happen myself. My week of being extremely overworked was an eye opening experience as to how I always allow things or people to become my priority over myself and I think that needs to change. ...end rant...
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,987 Member
    Options
    I finally went shopping for new workout clothes! Actually, I will be buying some new running shoes also since my half is in April!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I went to the beauty salon and had my brows and hair done. I really don't know how to pluck my eye brows so I go to a professional. It was so long ago that I did my brows that I had a unibrow thing going on.:blushing: I use to do my hair once a week, but with Zumba going on it was like a waste of money. My best friend, who is also my stylist, gave me a keratine treatment so my hair doesn't gets frizzy so fast.
  • LadySuze
    LadySuze Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I moved to Spain for the next 6 months and took a long walk (about 3 hours) through parks and the city center of Valencia :D
  • kellimichelle05
    kellimichelle05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I watched 3 episodes of "Say yes to the dress" on Sunday while my fiancé was the gym! I loved every minute of laying on the couch :)
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I went to the salon and had my hair colored and cut! It took 2.5 wonderful, relaxing hours.