Weeks out?

Which shows are yall doing and how many weeks out are you!!! I believe my hubby and I will be doing a NPC show in Mobile in May :O) Still got a lot time to prep. I have to cut about 15 lbs but that's the easy part... building better shoulders and arms is going to be challenging!!

Replies

• nelliemagine
    nelliemagine Posts: 27 Member
    I'm actually just getting started preparing for my very first bikini competition on May 31st in Duluth, MN. I've never even thought of doing this before, but needed some extreme motivation to get back into shape before our July wedding. My fiance and I are doing this together so that'll help too. Any advice for this newbie? I'm working with a trainer who is also contributing to nutrition and posing as well. I'm really excited, but super nervous about showing off my body. I'm usually pretty protective of showing off too much! This is more than just a physical challenge for me, this is very much mental as well.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    My next show's not until September but I'm trying to re-start clean eating with that in mind early.

I'll be backpacking across India for the month of April and I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds before I leave. I'll start my cut in late May and hopefully only have 15 to 20 pounds left to lose before the show!
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm doing the Baltimore Gladiator NPC show on March 22nd, so I am just under 11 weeks out. This is my second show so I'm hoping to come in way leaner than I did my first show where I did everything on my own. I have an online coach/trainer/nutritionist this time around so I'm hoping to do a lot better.
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    awesome!!! We are still trying to decide which to start with. I am started cutting on xmas. get a head start :O) Im down 7lbs already and hitting the weights harder then ever. I trying to find a show in either AL, TN, or GA, that is also a national qualifier. I was one spot away from being able to compete in a national show. Goals this year is to place in a national show
  • 8 weeks OUT --- march 1st !!
    I'm pretty excited! Working hard and still eating a fair amount.. hoping to gain for as long as i can :)
  • jodi41086
    jodi41086 Posts: 240
    awesome!!!!
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    I'm doing the Baltimore Gladiator NPC show on March 22nd, so I am just under 11 weeks out. This is my second show so I'm hoping to come in way leaner than I did my first show where I did everything on my own. I have an online coach/trainer/nutritionist this time around so I'm hoping to do a lot better.

How do you like using an online trainer? I'm considering doing that also. Would you recommend yours?

Thinking of doing my first show in May here in Spokane, WA, but think I need to find some guidance!
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member

How do you like using an online trainer? I'm considering doing that also. Would you recommend yours?

Thinking of doing my first show in May here in Spokane, WA, but think I need to find some guidance!

It's not bad at all. I didn't really need much help with the training but moreso the diet. I have been checking in every couple of weeks to give her my stats and send pictures and she adjusts the diet based on that. The training changes a bit too as the weeks progress. Now I'm starting weekly check-ins and things are starting to change even more....less calories and more cardio. She helps with everything to prepare for the show. So far I would definitely recommend her. Her name is Karen Sessions. She wrote the ebook "Figure Competition Secrets" and has a wealth of experience. We will see how well I place soon. :)
  • hotmammatotwogirls
    hotmammatotwogirls Posts: 86 Member
    My first show will be June 7th here in Canada. I'm freaking out that I wont be ready.

I carry all my weight on my butt, its going to be a challenge. Weighed in today at 120.4 got to get my body fat down.

I have been busting my *kitten* working out & clean diet all week, I was only down 0.2 .. Hopefully I'm building muscle.

If anyone can answer my question about posing shoes, I would appreciate it :)
  • roesterle
    roesterle Posts: 2 Member
    I'm going for my third competition. I did two the summer of 2012 and working towards the NPC National Showdown in Rochester Michigan. I was getting pretty discouraged because I don't feel I'm leaning out as quickly as I did my first shows but I did my body fat yesterday morning and I'm at 15% and I'm 4.5 weeks out. I'm finally feeling my body tightening up properly and I haven't drop a pound so that tells me I'm keeping my muscle which is great since I'm doing figure.

I"m almost 49 so I just do these for my self and not deflated if I don't place. I just want to be happy with how I look and know that I am going way out of my comfort zone and working hard to accomplish it. Having a goal of a competition also keeps me on track with my eating and self-discipline.

Good luck to everyone doing their first shows. They are fun!
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Attempting either June or July NPC in San Diego. Gives me anywhere from 12-16 weeks to prep. I start carb cycling last week. I need to build up my shoulders and glutes a bit.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    November 2014 - first show. Very apprehensive as to whether I can lean out.
  • CYaPRN2
    CYaPRN2 Posts: 18 Member
    My first show is may 17th in Hattiesburg MS, then will do another in Jackson 2 weeks later. I started clean eating in January showing a major transformation. Never thought I could make it this far. I am very excited. Simply doing this for self confidence. I wish all of you luck.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Approximately 16 weeks out from first Figure show. Haven't nailed down which yet, gonna wait and see what my body and coach tell me. :) Currently on a 6 week bulk to really hone the physique prior to the Big Cut. Shocked to have dropped a couple pounds as I eat over 1800 cal a day!