Thinking about Competing???

Options
shanDrum
shanDrum Posts: 10 Member
Hello,

I'm looking for support and motivation. I am thinking about competing in a fitness/figure competition again. I competed years ago in my early and mid 20's before I had children. I am now 40 and I am regaining my fitness. I've been doing great with my workout regimen since 2011, but not so good with my diet. I've discovered as I have aged that my body is indeed, a different version compared to my 20's. I'm in good shape, but not fitness competition wise. I know what I need to do and how to do it, but it's my "mind set" that gets the best of me. I also think hormones mess me up throughout the month ( I can be right on target and then the cravings start) so I know I am doing something wrong diet-wise. I've been tracking my food intake for several weeks and have a hard time keeping my sugar within range...My question(s) are: (1) Is there anyone else in their 40's who have this goal set to compete? (2) If so, when? I am looking for a good year to prepare. I'm going to get myself through the holidays and reevaluate where I stand. (3) What are you doing diet wise? I am looking into primal eating- is anyone else going Paleo or Primal Blueprint to kickstart their journey? Thank you for any input....

Replies

• Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am going to be competing in 2014 and will be turning 40 in March! I have gone through prep for 27 weeks only to be 8 weeks out and have to back out. It was so hard to not do that show. So I am now gearing up to do one in either in June,July,or August. I am don't know which to do a NPC or a Bikini America. I would love the support also from anyone going through the process and prerp!
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting a prep this week actually... I've never competed before, but have been wanting to for awhile. Any advice/support would be greatly appreciated!
  • kari574
    kari574 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Will be 40 in may and also looking to do my first show that month! I haven't done much to prep but I'm just going to dive in. I am looking to hire a trainer for some guidance. Just need to find one!