ChaLEAN Extreme - Strong is the new skinny!

Options
bunnylion
bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
Muscle burns fat!
Less cardio and more strength focused this program will get you strong and lean in a matter of weeks.

Who's doing it? Who's done it?

Replies

• anabet88
    anabet88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes muscle burns fat!!! Just cardio alone will not sustain the calorie burn we are all looking for.
  • friggie
    friggie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of Burn Phase!
    I have a question for those that are doing this now or have done the program. Do you lose weight each week? My first week I dropped 7.8 lbs, the 2 nd week 0.6 lb and now so far this week I have gone up 2 lbs. I was upset at the gain this morning so I did a quick measurement check and I have lost around 5" already. So will I see more inches than pounds lost in this workout program?
    I am really wanting to lose another 50 lbs and worried this program won't help get me part way there . I know they say muscle burns fat so eventually as the muscles take over fat in my body will the scale eventually drop .
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    When I did this program I saw a steady decrease in weight every week but I added in extra cardio. I was doing the 3 strength training workouts a week, 3 steady state cardio sessions and 3 HIIT workouts a week. It helped me lose 26lbs and 27" in 12 weeks. Going to be starting this program again as soon as I get my new weights. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:

Tracy
  • anabet88
    Options
    @friggie I''ve been doing xtreme for a couple years and in the beginning it helps to take your measurements the scales are not the best for accurate results.
  • friggie
    Options
    Thank you for your responses.
    Another question to do with calories. I was eating around 1200-1300 a day and now in week 3 I gained. I was told I am starving my body so I am now increasing gradually to around 1700 a day to see if that helps. I am still loosing inches though.
    So my question is what are you eating calorie wise a day doing this workout.
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity how much did you gain? One thing you have to remember is that doing a program like this anytime you have muscle soreness your body is holding on to water to repair your muscles. So if it was only a few pounds that is what I would attribute it to. While I was doing this program I ate somewhere around 1600 calories a day including eating back exercise calories.

Edit to add - just reread the original post I wouldn't get too worked up over 2 pounds. Especially if you are still losing inches. It is most likely water especially since you are eating at a deficit.
  • friggie
    Options
    Burn Phase Results
    7 lbs lost
    13.5" lost overall
    Starting Push Phase today!!
  • anabet88
    Options
    @ friggie wow good job keep it up! I'm on the lean phase again:) You will love Push! She is my inspiration love her! Again good job:)
  • anabet88
    Options
    @ friggie wow good job keep it up! I'm on the lean phase again:) You will love Push! She is my inspiration love her! Again good job:)